Yowza!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the assumption that this kind of behavior was frowned upon here.

Or is that only when you don't agree with the majority?

Is there a reason this topic still exists?

Eh...it's really no different than chiding the Cadets for their uniforms this year, or the Cavaliers "Spin Cycle" guard unis from years past, or "insert DCP season joke here".

Every year, there's always something that folks pick up on and run with, as we all respect the kids, and the effort they put in.

I haven't seen any vitriolic trolling in here... I think it's for the most part in good fun.

But, if you feel differently, you can always report the thread to the mods. :)

Yes it will be just like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Have you toilet paper ready!

:huh:  :rock:  :rock:  :huh:  :rock:  :huh:  :huh:

I GET TO BE RIF_RAF!! :huh:

* makes note to self to THINK before posting*

I think this topic is good. There are many fans of the Blue Devils who are disappointed with this year's production (I included). This give us a way to release or turn our feelings of frustration into humor.

I am not angry at corp staff or management (never was). However I was really frustrated. I am no longer frustrated. No one wakes up in the morning and wants to create a show that people will not like. However, It does happen.

When I see the show again on the big screen I'll try to enjoy as much as I can. But if I get distracted by the narration at least I can laugh (inside as to not disturb others) at the situation.

As for people who like the show, I don't see why negative comments on DCP should affect them.

QT

Eh...it's really no different than chiding the Cadets for their uniforms this year, or the Cavaliers "Spin Cycle" guard unis from years past, or "insert DCP season joke here".

Every year, there's always something that folks pick up on and run with, as we all respect the kids, and the effort they put in.

I haven't seen any vitriolic trolling in here...  I think it's for the most part in good fun.

But, if you feel differently, you can always report the thread to the mods. :)

I realize that most of it is in good fun. But how would you feel if you were a program coordinator and you come to find a huge community mocking an concept that you worked hard to put together?

It's one thing to say you dislike it. It's another to belittle it.

I realize that most of it is in good fun. But how would you feel if you were a program coordinator and you come to find a huge community mocking an concept that you worked hard to put together?

Well, I don't know that I'd be appreciative of it, to be honest...but I would think that the underlying current would show some sort of dis-satisfaction with what I had programmed.

Probably would raise the hackles a bit, but I think I'd undertake creating a thread or two on DCP to see why it inspired the mockery, and addressing it by some pro-and-con debate on why I made the decisions in the first place.

That's me, though.

I imagine most actual program co-ordinators and show designers could care less what we think about anything concerning the idiom. We simply represent the money to keep it going. :)

edited for spelling.

Edited by bawker

I like the Rocky Horror audience participation concept.

Remember the Vanguard yell in the pause during RCM (corps is bunched on #1 side visually).

We can all join Cesario in declaring that "the place is ELECTRIC". I'll guess this is scripted after Madison.

Will we be referring to Phantom's horn line as "deep" symphonic or "chocolate" this year?

In addition to "Yowsa" we can call out the couple #s.

Bring your "rainsticks" for Phantom Regiment.

Ask the people around you where the address "1313" is and tell them you need to get there by 10:01.

Baseballs and mitts for Cavaliers?

The possibilities are endless.

It's the American way. Without critics how could we ever gage excelence :rock: and failure. <**>