Contra Stolen

Last night (August 7) at the Giants Stadium DCI show, a contrain a soft case was stolen from the parking lot.

It has been reported to the police, but the Sunrisers need your help too! If you saw anything, or have any information, please contact me. Send me a PM, or e-mail me at monotonechica@hotmail.com.

Thank you very much.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a contra player myself, I have to say that sucks. Best of luck finding your missing instrument. Let everyone know the model so we can all keep an eye out for it. (You'd think it'd be hard to hide...)

This post jogged my memory about a time...(harp music)....long ago in the 1970's, like '72. We were at some show and one of our new members decided he wanted a sop from the Tri-Town Cadets and stole it. As the bus was pulling out he lowered the case from the window to return it, and we all had a good laugh. He called them a bunch of hicks (Tri Town wore straw hats and plaid shirts, hehehehe).

Andrea, can the serial number and make of contra be posted? I'll copy it to RAMD if you like.

Shades of mid 80s when my sister bought a P/R Contra at an Antique store near Hershey as she played tuba in MB. After a few years we sold it to the Yankee Rebels Alumni and found out it was stolen from the Buccs. Turns out I sold it to the guy who marched next to the guy who carried the stolen horn and recognized the dent pattern in the bell.

Wow someone gained some bad karma for stealing a contrabass. Hope you find it.

In case you do not, one of my fellow upstate pals said Brigs have a bunch of extra G horns. Maybe they can lend one.

Best of luck to the Sunrisers. It was great to see that orange at Kingston.

Edited by Albus Doobiedore

http://www.baltimorebrass.net/

1 (866) TUBA-230

Just posted a K-90 for sale for $900.

Of course, if yours was not a K-90 then don't bother . . .

WR

*****EDIT*****

I just sent an e-mail to David Fedderly, owner of the shop to which I have linked above. I do not think that this horn is the stolen one based on the dates involved. But one never knows, and no corps can afford to lose something that expensive . . . we are all on such small budgets . . .

Mr. Fedderly is the principal tubist with the Baltimore Symphony and a straight-up guy to deal with. He will not yank your chain regarding this horn.

I have also told him that I am interested in this horn if it is not the stolen one (just to let you know where I stand in all of this).

Again, good luck.

WR

Edited by Periphery