Madison 06

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, now we can look forward to a good camera angle for division 2/3 DVD's.

~>conner

I think all ticket holders for DIV 1 finals day should be alowed in the stadium early to check out DIV 2/3 grand finals. I would hope thousands would come a little early and at least catch the top 4-5 of Div 2/3. Then the following years the crowd gets bigger...and bigger....and bigger....

OK, your idea has some merit!  However, the ticket prices that DCI charges are just too high for some people for Div. 1 tickets!!!

Ummmmm ... I think the concept would be that you could either buy a ticket for D2/3 finals or else get in free with your D1 finals ticket. And since it'll be at the same site on the same day, that could definitely boost attendance, at least somewhat.

Now I wonder if there'll be any way to have the D2 & D3 champs perform in exhibition at the start of D1 finals (again)? Wouldn't be any worse than for the D1 corps who have to perform twice at San Antonio and Indy, would it? Just a thought.

This is great news - leave it to Madison. I was at Finals there in 2002, and from this fan's perspective, that was the last "real" Finals week that DCI staged. Why? Because I got to see all 6 shows. Next year will be the first time since 2002 where that will again be the case.

Not having to choose between watching D1 and watching D2/3: PRICELESS!!!

What would really be nice would be if you could get a bundle ticket package, like with CD,DVD etc. Add on a few dollars to the DI super ticket price and give them 6 shows with that seat. I personally would just like to see more people in the seats, because I personally think if more people were given the opportunity to see more DII/III corps/shows, they would return in the future.

I think the thing that hurts the DII/III attendance the most is if the prelims are on a Monday or Tuesday, it gets really expensive for people to be there a whole week, if they are staying for finals on Saturday. Not that the ticket prices are really that bad, but if you consider motels, driving expenses, food, and lost wages if you have to take off work and don't have vacation time, 3 days early in the week could easily cost someone over $1,000. It is too bad they couldn't start DII/III on Wednesday with prelims-I think you would see higher attendance numbers.

What would really be nice would be if you could get a bundle ticket package, like with CD,DVD etc. Add on a few dollars to the DI super ticket price and give them 6 shows with that seat. I personally would just like to see more people in the seats, because I personally think if more people were given the opportunity to see more DII/III corps/shows, they would return in the future.

I think the thing that hurts the DII/III attendance the most is if the prelims are on a Monday or Tuesday, it gets really expensive for people to be there a whole week, if they are staying for finals on Saturday. Not that the ticket prices are really that bad, but if you consider motels, driving expenses, food, and lost wages if you have to take off work and don't have vacation time, 3 days early in the week could easily cost someone over $1,000. It is too bad they couldn't start DII/III on Wednesday with prelims-I think you would see higher attendance numbers.

I propose that Super 3 ticket buyers get a general admission ticket to II/III finals as well. Get them into the stands and they'll see what they've been missing all this time.