CAPITAL REGIMENT - a surprise in the finals?

I still can't believe they made the same two girls push the sundial around all show. There were plenty of times when they were out of sight... couldn't they allow them to switch off and perform for part of the show?!? It just seems really unfair that they didn't get to actually perform, but I guess if they didn't want to do it they wouldn't have joined the corps.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe they made the same two girls push the sundial around all show.  There were plenty of times when they were out of sight... couldn't they allow them to switch off and perform for part of the show?!?  It just seems really unfair that they didn't get to actually perform, but I guess if they didn't want to do it they wouldn't have joined the corps.

Imagine how the "trumpet alternate" must have felt when holes opened up and she was not allowed to fill any of them.

Carlito

concerning the prop pushers...let it be....the discussion is about the corps performance.....not the placement of the members...personally i think the corps came into its own the last few weeks of the season...and the guard and brass came out scorching finals week....

The 2005 Capital Regiment was indeed a very good corps that made a late season surge

to save their season. That certaily speaks well of the corps. They had a great drumline

and I hope they are able to hang on to that staff. They also had a fine horn line.

All that being said, I would think that the 2005 season was less than it could have been.

I believe many felt, with justification, that CR was in a position to jump into the top 12.

They had a great 2004, missing the top 12 by just two positions. I really thought that

2005 could be the year, especially if a couple of the corps in front of them had "off years".

I seem to recall CR winning a poll on DCP as "the next new member in the top 12". (Not

that our polls mean anything, but does indicate CR had captured our attention.)

I don't know exactly why things didn't happen for them early on, but I feel the first

month of the season sealed their fate as far as moving into the top 12. That's too bad.

The problems with the guard staff are obvious. Why did the sun dial take almost the

entire season to complete? I still don't think this prop was worth the effort and became

more a symbol of their problems than an aid to their visual presentation.

I hope they can continue to improve, but I feel the administrative staff needs to take

a real hard look at exactly what happened in '05 and make the changes needed to see

that it doesn't happen again. Opportunities to jump into the top 12 don't come along

very often. The 2006 season may well be the most important in the corps history.

If Capital Regiment can improve their guard, they will be in finals next year.

A little bird told me that there are going to be unreal incentives ($) to recruit highly trained guard members. CR has one of the most solid financial pictures in DCI - I think next year they will draw upon this to make it into the top 12.

GREAT YEAR CR!

I want 3 Ohio corps to make into the finals. That would be amazing.

A higher guard score would also bleed into GE and Visual, but you're right, they need to be higher than 15th in Music to make Finals.

That would certainly help, but they will need more than that to make top 12.

The corps was 16th in GE, 18th in Visual, and 15th in Music.  Even a guard

score of 20 would not have put them in the top 12.

Yeah, and a more accurate drum score would help, too.

that's what people said last year...man...i'm a sucker

But that's why we like you much, T.