2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the alumni corps angle on this, boyyyyyyyyyyy oh boy do I have a little secret. Yep....and it'll knock your socks off. The more I talk to people and I start hearing from my "network" the more I think that Pasadena is going to ROCK in 2007!!!!!!!!!!!

Until then....

:sshh:

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

Okay, Ryan. Here's my take on your post...

Please PLEASE wear the khaki pants, hawaiian shirts and red vans!!! Pretty please with sugar on top!!!

Did I say PLEASE?!

Edited by skajerk

As for the alumni corps angle on this, boyyyyyyyyyyy oh boy do I have a little secret.  Yep....and it'll knock your socks off.  The more I talk to people and I start hearing from my "network" the more I think that Pasadena is going to ROCK in 2007!!!!!!!!!!!

Until then....

:sshh:

"Class" is back in session!!! B)

Haha, they're not going to house corps in Tijuana or Ensenada.

:rock: Oh brother!

If you guys don't know the layout of San Diego county, PLEASE don't make ingorant comments like this! :rock:

South of Qualcomm stadium is about 25 additional miles of San Diego County (including Lemon grove, National City, Chula Vista, etc.).

West of Qualcomm stadium is Mission Valley, North Park, Mission Bay, Ocean Beach, and Point Loma.

East of Qualcomm stadium is the college area, La Mesa, Grossmont, El Cajon, Santee, etc.

Plus, you've still got San Diego proper and North County, and lots of ways to get to the stadium besides just taking I-15 South (163, I-805, I-5...all to I-8 which leads to the stadium).

Don't base on my city, 'cause you WON'T win that argument! :rock:

07 will be Blue Devils 50th Anniversary..............

SWEEEET!!!

Both SCV AND BD will have alumni corps at DCI in 2007!!! ^OO^

Here's a little update..  the contract for the Rose Bowl is not signed as of last night.. 

My understanding is that the announcement made was that we will be in Pasadena "tentatively" for 2007 -- the announcement was made during a speech at the Friends of DCI luncheon as "what we've got planned..  it was not presented as a "done deal" at the time of the announcement and it is not a "done deal" now.

Sweet! I was hoping so :D

I'd rather have it at an NFL football stadium - whether that's in San Diego, San Francisco, Oakland, or even Seattle. b**bs After Denver 2004 and Foxboro 2005, would anyone dare to disagree that these were both AWESOME venues?!

College stadiums, especially "bowls" (meaning shaped like a big ,flat bowl) just don't allow for good acoustics or a high enough vantage point for drum corps.

South of Qualcomm stadium is about 25 additional miles of San Diego County (including Lemon grove, National City, Chula Vista, etc.).

Ahhhh yes....Chulajuana (I used to work at Rohr Industries before I moved to LA)

Pee Wee....don't you know that SoCal ends at the southern Orange County border?? That's what they think in Sac....

Okay so our lovely DCI friendly California weather brings us this in August:

"...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING CONTINUES UNTIL 330 AM PDT FOR CENTRAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY...

*AT 250 AM PDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS...SOME OF WHICH WERE SEVERE...EXTENDING FROM ALHAMBRA NORTHWESTWARD TO SANTA CLARITA. A SPOTTED IN LA CRESCENTA REPORTED NICKEL SIZED HAIL...FREQUENT LIGHTNING AND HEAVY RAIN AT 240 AM. ALL OF THESE THUNDERSTORMS WERE MOVING TO NORTHWEST AT 16 MPH. THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT THE SAN GABRIEL...SAN FERNANDO AND SANTA CLARITA VALLEYS THROUGH 330 AM PDT...PRODUCING HAIL...LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN...FREQUENT LIGHTNING AND POSSIBLY WIND GUSTS TO 60 MPH. HEAVY RAIN WILL CAUSE LOCAL FLOODING AND PONDING OF WATER ON AREA ROADWAYS AND FREEWAYS."

*sigh* as much as I love thunderstorms they better stay away in 2007, oh and they suck hardcore when you're suppose to be having all day drill rehearsal in about 4 hours, oh well the band can sit inside and play music and I can sit in the office hoping the "field" (it's a black top) dries enough to rehearse.

Edited by element43