2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[edit: nevermind B) ]

Edited by skajerk

Having the championship west of the Rockies is about 25 Years overdue.

There have been 33 Championships and 18 (so far) have been won by California corps.

DO THE MATH...... And be thankful this isn't the America's Cup or DCI would be in California more times than not!

I write this sitting here in New York where it has been HOT and HUMID for weeks. I miss the dry heat of LA, and it will pose no problems for anyone.

As far as earthquakes, nothing to worry about. The Rose Bowl isn't directlly on top of the San Andrea's Fault.....I believe it runs under the golf course next door :P :P :P :P

There's a bus?

I don't think any busses actually run on the 110, i just meant that if I were in one of the corps competing I wouldn't want to take the 110 to the stadium

The only problem with Santa Clarita is the weather... CAN BE WAY TOO HOT!

Well compared to the LA Basin and the San Gab Valley, SCV tends to be about 5ish degrees hotter, but with 20% less humidity. For example, today Pasadena has a high of 83 with 58% humidity, Valencia has a high of 87 with 37% humidity. Personally I think the difference in humidity kinda balances it out, but I know some people would prefer the humidity over the dryness (I think those people are nuts) and whatever.

Here's a little update.. the contract for the Rose Bowl is not signed as of last night..

My understanding is that the announcement made was that we will be in Pasadena "tentatively" for 2007 -- the announcement was made during a speech at the Friends of DCI luncheon as "what we've got planned.. it was not presented as a "done deal" at the time of the announcement and it is not a "done deal" now.

More to come, I'm sure..

Stef

I have to agree: We've done it for 33 years, it won't KILL you to do it for ONE.

I realize gas is expensive. West coast corps people by and large KNOW GAS IS EXPENSIVE. WE'VE BEEN SPENDING MORE ON IT THAN YOU FOR 33 YEARS.

OK....rant off :)

OKay, now that we've got finals out here.  Who's pushing for Precision West, Pacific Procession, and Moonlight Classic to be the shows that lead into finals!

Imagine most of the top twelve in Spartan Stadium............or most of the top twelve at Precision West with the stands so close to the track.......

OH YEAH!!!!

EXCELLENT insight Rob...................didn't think of that!!!

It's kind of overcast today and weather in California is typically unpredictable...As far as the venue, being a native to the Los Angeles area...I know all the short cuts to avoid traffic...I read another post here that said it would take 4 hours to commute to the stadium...traffic in L.A. is no different than any other major city...actually traffic around Qualcomm Stadium is even more horrendous...Highway 15 is just as bad, if not worse than the 210 freeway which runs by the Rose Bowl...all in all a great choice for DCI 2007...great to have DCI in my hometown! B)

There is bad traffic on the 15, but it doesn't start collecting up until 10 miles to the north (Miramesa) or 5 miles to the south (the 805/15 merge). There is some build up at the ramp for east or west traffic on the 8, but that has nothing to do with the stadium. Traffic around the stadium is not bad.

btw, why isn't the championships held up north in the bay area? That is where the title holders are from. I do know that in July - Sunnyvale was in the 90's and Sacramento was 105+ Trying to practice in that heat was a living ####, even our resident Arizonian finally admitted that it was hot!

Dan

Edited by dsaeger

btw, why isn't the championships held up north in the bay area?  That is where the title holders are from. 

Dan

Hhhhummmbbbb (clearing my voice) Nineteen hundred and seventytwo......

Hhhhhhhuuuuummmmmbbbbbbbppp (clearing it again) the FIRST DCI Champions........let me see :ph34r::music::music::huh::huh:

where were they from ???????????? :worthy::ph34r::worthy::worthy::ph34r::worthy:

spectemur agendo

Here's a little update..  the contract for the Rose Bowl is not signed as of last night.. 

My understanding is that the announcement made was that we will be in Pasadena "tentatively" for 2007 -- the announcement was made during a speech at the Friends of DCI luncheon as "what we've got planned..  it was not presented as a "done deal" at the time of the announcement and it is not a "done deal" now.

More to come, I'm sure..

Stef

Sounds about right Stef. I am surprised Dan said anything, especially after the 2000 season, but he must be confident enough that it will happen. I suspect they have a little more research to do before signing the contracts. I would look for them to do the deal in January or so.

Also, was told by someone that San Diego was NOT considered becuase of conflicts with the San Diego Chargers and field use.