I loved the Crossmen this year

To be fair, I was at quarterfinals and there was a very noticeable ensemble tear between battery and pit within the first 30 seconds of the show, so their problems weren't visual alone.

The 1996 Cadets had two MAJOR musical ensemble tears at Finals that year (these were like OH MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT??? moments) and they WON the ensemble music caption. Go figure.

Looking forward to 2006, Bones. Good luck.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no....they just didn't have it this year.  Sometimes it can be simple.  March well, play well and have someone write you a good package.  I love them just like you, but you have to be a little more objective.

Peace

totally objective,

maybe the tears were drill related ?

with a drill package such as Bluecoats or Boston where does this corps finnish ?

LL

LOL, I thought I was the only one who did that!

You'll never walk alone when it comes to the passive voice!

no....they just didn't have it this year.  Sometimes it can be simple.  March well, play well and have someone write you a good package.  I love them just like you, but you have to be a little more objective.

Peace

Crossmen were lame this year. Poor marching was higlighted by an immature musical ensemble (especially the hornline). I was pretty close to the front sideline for the West Chester show and was shocked by how poor some of the brass members were playing during the first impact of Radar Love. Plain and simple; bad, gritty, spread sounds were coming out of bells. Hopefully this year will motivate the members to do better and try to regain all of the ground that they've lost since 2001.

Crossmen were lame this year. Poor marching was higlighted by an immature musical ensemble (especially the hornline). I was pretty close to the front sideline for the West Chester show and was shocked by how poor some of the brass members were playing during the first impact of Radar Love. Plain and simple; bad, gritty, spread sounds were coming out of bells. Hopefully this year will motivate the members to do better and try to regain all of the ground that they've lost since 2001.

So, what would you suggest they do to improve for 2006? New staff? A new direction?

Just trying to spur the discussion on...

The 1996 Cadets had two MAJOR musical ensemble tears at Finals that year (these were like OH MY GOD WHAT WAS THAT??? moments) and they WON the ensemble music caption. Go figure.

Off topic (I didn't see Crossmen this year, so I can't comment), but where were they? I hadn't noticed.

THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.

CHEZ

Chez, you're absolutely right. But, great summer and entertaining corps aside, falling out of the top 12 is disappointing to me. I always like Crossmen, and I don't think anyone wants to see them in this position (except maybe Spirit fans...).

Had the corps not been so young, perhaps an 11th or 12th place finish would be within reach. But that particular show probably wouldn't have taken them much higher.

I've always been entertained by the Crossmen (this year being no exception), but I'm disappointed in their finish. I am, however, looking forward to them returning a seasoned group next year. Crossmen 05 members - stick with your corps!

So, what would you suggest they do to improve for 2006? New staff? A new direction?

Just trying to spur the discussion on...

New staff sure isn't the problem considering brass and percussion arrangers have changed over the past two years. That's a major chunk of the design staff. It's been said in other threads that the Crossmen need stability in their staff and I think this is a key example of how true that statement is.

As for direction, I think it's time Crossmen tackled Pink Floyd... ^0^

I think their color guard caption head is awesome! ^OO^

Did you see the semi's performance? I can understand you being dissapointed with the West Chester show, but being right on the 50 in Foxboro, i heard a totally different hornline than you did. I know it is only a weeks difference, but WOW they were GREAT!!!!

Besides, in or out of finals, every member of every corps is out there working their ### off and i think we all need to give them a little more credit for that alone.