what did Pat Sielding...

My only biff is that they counted scores wrong, if I remember correctly, 2 times on Phantom Regiment during finals week. Prelims they were given a 92 and then the brass caption award. Pat had every reason by the second account to get the feathers ruffled a bit. Maybe they should have more than one person being accountable for tabulation of scores. Just a thought.

Edited by DCIAGEOUT

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, sorry for the double-post!

Edited by byline

OK, I'm confused: I've read in this thread that Cavies and Phantom were erroneously announced as co-winners of the brass caption, but I'm also reading that Cadets and Phantom were announced as co-winners. Which is correct? It would be nice to at least start off with the correct info, or we're all as guilty as DCI for spreading misinformation.

George's reaction would make more sense to me if it were Cavies and Phantom who were announced as the caption winners, no Cadets. He would know that Cadets won, and weren't being publicly acknowledged at all for that achievement. If it was announced as a tie between Cadets and Phantom, then George's reaction drops a bit in my estimation (for the same reasons as my earlier complaint).

OOOPS! I just re-read that, and you're right: it says Cavies and PR, not Cadets and PR. I mis-read it. My BIG-TIME bad!!!

So about that novel I posted a few posts back? Never mind. My confidence in George Hopkins has been restored.

Edited by MN DCI Fan

I consulted my lip reading friend, who confirmed he said:

"Excellent work gentlemen. I know your under a lot of stress, but I'm glad you got it right in the end. I know how hard it would have been on my good friend George Hopkins not to get the credit he's due. That's why I looked so upset there for a second. Good catch"

"Excellent work gentlemen. I know your under a lot of stress, but I'm glad you got it right in the end. I know how hard it would have been on my good friend George Hopkins not to get the credit he's due. That's why I looked so upset there for a second. Good catch"

Post of the Month. :P

Whether the directors knew beforehand or not, I was flabbergasted that it was announced as Cavis-PR. Not because they weren't good, but because Cadets won quarters brass by 0.3, lost semis brass by 0.1...so it seemed that, with averaging, Cadets would probably get the Ott trophy...ESPECIALLY given a 99.15. And if not, Cavies would JUST squeak by. But when announced as Cavies-PR, my friend and I said wow, Cadets must have gotten nearly-perfect in every other caption and just somehow really stunk up in brass tonight...

I'm enjoying imagining each member of the Regiment staff saying this quotation. It's very entertaining. :P

You win this thread. Good work. :rock:

No, ALWAYS.

Sorry dude, but Nikk is right about you...and that's ok...it just gets annoying at times.

I said, he stated the obvious. . .DUH!

No more annoying than the way some of you defend your favorites, which was my point. If you know me and know what to expect, why do you kids get so worked up? Noone asked you to read what I write.

Get over it.

Edited by TXMystreaux