2006 Repretoires

Jersey Surf announced their show on Friday, a day prior to Div II/III Grand Finals. "Jersey Surf Visits the Moulin Rouge."

They even played through some charts that night!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jersey Surf announced their show on Friday, a day prior to Div II/III Grand Finals. "Jersey Surf Visits the Moulin Rouge."

Sweet!

Knowing those guys, the encore tune will be "Lady Marmalade"...complete with "gitchie, gitchie, ya ya da da". :P

Already one to look forward to.

Blue Devils -- How about some good old fashioned in-your-face BD-style power jazz featuring complete tunes or, at least, something in the way of melodic development.  And don't interrupt the show with narration every time the crowd starts to think it's about to get interesting.  Give the "hack 'n' slash" / "diddly-bop" arrangements a rest.

That's my only repertoire request for '06.

AMEN !!! The two corps that I would like to see come out with straight forward musical programs are BD and the Cadets........

Other Requests:

Pacific Crest: Please try something that is not so dissonant and angry...... So MANY corps are still doing this !! Enough

Blue Knights: Similar to PC.........See how nice your "Some Enchanted Evening" came out this season......it was AWESOME.

Madison: Come out with the loudest most awesome hornline that drum corps has ever seen..... its all happening in your own backyard next season.

Boston, Crown, Spirit, Crossmen, Phantom stay on your current paths......you played some real nice stuff in 05

Bluecoats: Come out with some big band jazz......there are so many great charts to choose from. Ditch the narration (Remember that you sold anti-amp tee shirts a couple seasons ago).

Triple Forte

that'll be awesome, some real good stuff there :)

You beat me to the punch! From jerseysurf.org :

"Corps members were treated to a preview of the 2006 program during a presentation from corps director Bob Jacobs at a corps meeting held on Friday afternoon August 12th at the corps' championship week housing site in Douglas, Mass. Following the presentation, the 60 members of the 2005 brass section sight read one of the charts in the 2006 repertoire, performing "Nature Boy" for enthusiastic color guard, percussion and staff members."

Knowing this staff, they probably have several tricks up their respective sleeves. Can't wait!

Can they take an unprecedented 4th straight "Spirit of Disney"? Please check these guys out at finals in Camp Randal next year, you won't be disapointed!

Edited by jonnyboy

we hammered out some options for fun last night in the DCP chat, feel free to share your own ideas :)

here are some of the ones we want to hear--

bd- there was a lot of talk of going back to the oldies, like legend of the one eyed sailor, when a man loves a woman, maybe tommy?

cadets- there was a lot of support for maybe a les mis return?

bluecoats- i know i suggested and i think it would kick serious butt would be music from "Hair" B)

add your own!! :)

Haha, sounds like a familiar convo :P LES MIS :). Hair hahahah. Glad you remembered

Pacific Crest:  Please try something that is not so dissonant and angry......  So MANY corps are still doing this !! Enough

Triple Forte

I like dissonant and angry. ::shrug::

Hey, I though that user name sounded familiar! Good to see you back...congratulations on a great year with 'Coats. :)

Thanks a lot. Today was my first day back, and that was my only post so far; having three days between drum corps and moving out to college (9 hours away) isn't really too compatible with DCP posting, unfortunately. Glad to know you enjoyed the show.