Carolina Crown's Last set

Maybe 444 is something the staff came up with after 420.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an earlier thread stated that it was code for "there are angels among us" or something like that - I think I'm gonna go with that one! :angel:

Type "444" into the search engines:

63,500,000 hits on yahoo

14,100,000 hits on google

12,870,000 hits on lycos

So, we either go with the angels thing, or I'm back in ten years with my research results.

666 is the mark of the beast and 444 is the sign that an angel is present. Also along with this number system 777 is the sign for God, and 555 is the mark of human. The 444 being the sign of an angel is the explanation given by Jim Coates, the program coordinator at Crown.

Someone once asked if 444 was the area code for Ft. Mill...

heh. the area code for Fort Mill is 803. (I know.. it's 15 minutes away)

~>conner

666 is the mark of the beast and 444 is the sign that an angel is present. Also along with this number system 777 is the sign for God, and 555 is the mark of human. The 444 being the sign of an angel is the explanation given by Jim Coates, the program coordinator at Crown.

So who came up with all this stuff, anyway? The 666 business is actually in the book of Relevations (originally written in Greek, not English :worthy: ), I'm guessing. How 'bout the rest?

did anyone else notice that the opener flags had 4 connected circles on them, and the closer flags had the same 4 circles, but no longer connected?

yeah... there are so many little nuances and details in the show that im sure no one got.. if you watch the drill before the 444 at the end you will see it in roman numerals as well ..IVIVIV, there are also wings and halos thruout the drill and on the flags...after talking to someone on the staff who said it wasnt supposed to smack you on the face, after all the whole idea is that angels dont say.."hi im here"... you have to look for a sign, like the clock saying 4:44 or something of the sort..i for one think its all neat.. at least there is some thought behind it not just forms and marching!

WOW this is really interesting to read about. I, as well as those that i sat with at Foxboro, were all very curious about the 444. Thanks for all of the info about it!!

I was thoroughly impressed with Carolina Crowns performance this year. Now that I have some more details to look forward to on the DVD, i am going to enjoy it even more!!

Thanks to all of the Carolina Crown staff, members, supporters, andfans who literally gave me one of the top 10 drum corps experiences of my life. FANTASTIC show!!!!

What a hornline!!! .......they were almost........angelic.......