The quote of "a note about the dci cam"

If DCP charged $39/user per 90 days, *then* you could complain about the hosting provider. As Compel Solutions had been giving us a completely free server so we didn't have to charge anyone's butt to be here, you take what you can get.

On a SP related note, I'm finally getting around to listening to the semis streams. Seattle Cascades show is *really* nice with the pared-down narration - there's a lot of cool music that had been going on back there that can now be heard. :)

Mike

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and DCP would finally have a 24/7 week of uptime...

Glass house, dude.

1. DCP is free - Season pass isn't

2. DCP doesn't write on it's website "100% uptime promised"

Bottom line is - we paid for specific services. Coats fans obviously got the short end of the stick on this. The cam in TN didn't work. The cam finals doesn't work. The cam at Allentown didn't work.

So - at least we can get the cam shots up later as promised.

Technical issues happen people. Not everything is going to work 100%. Remember yesteryear when we didn't have the Internet and you had to rely on good ol' DCI Today, or watch on PBS if it was actually airing in your area?

Today people complain if it takes more than 20 seconds for something to download. Just be patient! It will be fixed. eventually.

I agree that the product was less then promised. I wonder what % of the subscribers signed up for the music from past years vs. someone like myself who signed up for the coverage. I would think most avid DCI fans have a majority of these CD's (I have all from 1990 on and now on my ipod). I expected coverage updated daily vs. what we received. Perhaps DCI should of waited a year to offer this product vs. charging and not delivering. I wonder how many people will not subscribe again.

I often think DCP with the right amount of new volunteers (seems the current ones are over-worked already) couldn't put something together that provides the fans what they want - Some of the things that come to mind:

Better score reporting options -

Major event coverage (similar to the Blue Devils and SCV's coverage);

Reviews of each shows (similar to how DCW assigns someone to each show);

Better knowledge of events and timelines (ie: why did nobody seem to know the schedule for Saturday - until they walked into the stadium).

I am sure I am just scratching the surface of what fans want - and would be happy to help.

Joe

Technical issues happen people.  Not everything is going to work 100%.  Remember yesteryear when we didn't have the Internet and you had to rely on good ol' DCI Today, or watch on PBS if it was actually airing in your area?

Today people complain if it takes more than 20 seconds for something to download.  Just be patient! It will be fixed.  eventually.

Sluggo's right! We have become uber demanding and spoiled by the internet! :P

Seriously - what we expect today as a baseline wasn't even a possibility not too too many years ago!

On a SP related note, I'm finally getting around to listening to the semis streams.  Seattle Cascades show is *really* nice with the pared-down narration - there's a lot of cool music that had been going on back there that can now be heard.  :)

Mike

Isn't their show nice!!! I saw them at A'town, so I guess I saw the pared down version. The narrator has an excellent voice, and the equipment used seemed decent...and balanced well with the rest.

They were one of my faves of 2005.

Mike

Coats fans obviously got the short end of the stick on this. 

Uh uh... you can have a gripe about a lot of things, but not this. The Bluecoats had copyright problems. Don't even go there. It's the Bluecoats responsibility, and they busted their ### to get this stuff resolved. Hopefully the fruits of their work pay off, and the lawyers get out of the way soon.

Complain about the technical; it's an opinion about what is good, bad, indifferent, whatever. But the short end of the stick was offered by someone else.

I agree that the product was less then promised. I wonder what % of the subscribers signed up for the music from past years vs. someone like myself who signed up for the coverage. I would think most avid DCI fans have a majority of these CD's (I have all from 1990 on and now on my ipod). I expected coverage updated daily vs. what we received. Perhaps DCI should of waited a year to offer this product vs. charging and not delivering. I wonder how many people will not subscribe again.

I often think DCP with the right amount of new volunteers (seems the current ones are over-worked already) couldn't put something together that provides the fans what they want -  Some of the things that come to mind:

Better score reporting options -

Major event coverage (similar to the Blue Devils and SCV's coverage);

Reviews of each shows (similar to how DCW assigns someone to each show);

Better knowledge of events and timelines (ie: why did nobody seem to know the schedule for Saturday - until they walked into the stadium).

I am sure I am just scratching the surface of what fans want - and would be happy to help.

Joe

Hey Joe, I have a question. It's not argumentative, and anyone else can answer. I'm curious about one thing -- your perceived idea of what was promised. When you say that "the product was less then promised", that means you had an idea of what you expected, and that the actual was short of that idea.

I'm very curious about what your idea of what was promised was. Can you elaborate?

I'm glad BD had their blog.  It was the best source of information for finals night.  And it was FREEEEEEEE.  Sorry I paid the $39.

Question for you, CrownMe. What was compelling about their blog? I'm curious, because I get the perception that for SP, it's all about the media. Yet the text blog keeps getting rave reviews. It's just text, right?

Can you shed any light on that?