What would you change about Drum Corps?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just aged out, and I still don't think the age-out rule should be increased. 21 (or 18) is the standard boundary bewtween adulthood and pre-adulthood. Drum corps should remain a youth activity IMO.

The way a corps can't just pick four kick-### songs and play them (like "back in the day") and still have a shot at finals....Not that I don't like what's going on today, just that everybody's so careful about their selections within a thematic sense, that it creates for a lot of shows to be not exciting or entertaining the whole way through the show--you know, just maybe the ballad or closer or etc..

The way a corps can't just pick four kick-### songs and play them (like "back in the day") and still have a shot at finals....Not that I don't like what's going on today, just that everybody's so careful about their selections within a thematic sense, that it creates for a lot of shows to be not exciting or entertaining the whole way through the show--you know, just maybe the ballad or closer or etc..

Plenty of corps still do Opener-Ballad-Closer

Infact, BD did it 2 years in a row (03 + 04)

DEFINITELY increase in members. I really like the 180 idea, but keep everything the same.

Repeal any-key horns and bring back what made drum corps SOUND like drum corps instead of brass band - G HORNS!

FULL RETREAT!!!

And no amp'd vocals.