The Official 2006 Repertoire Suggestion Thread

Geeks back me up on this one.

As dumb as this might sound...I've been browsing through my old video game systems.....(if you consider 5 years OLD) and I've been playing the "original Halo" PERFECT DARK. (basically 007 only it's a girl instead of a guy for Bond)

This has got a pretty nice theme, as well as other music. I believe Blue Stars have made anime/video game music work well before, and it might work for other corps too.

If Madison would have a guest appearence by a girl again, this would be the show to do it in. But this show could go to any corps...except for maybe Phantom(...yeah, Phantom doing Video Game music...Nice)

Sweet idea right?...

(Puts bag on his head)

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings.

Seriously, its begging to be Drum Corps-ized.

Independence Day comes to mind as well (David Arnold).

Just about any Danny Elfman offering.

James Newton Howard (particularly Signs.  It worked well for Revo)

I've also had a concept floating in my head for a while:  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Drum Corps"......think of the possibilities.

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs :huh::huh::grouphug::grouphug:

And on the topic of Phantom doing video game music...if this year was the year of Rhapsody, could next year be the year of Phantasy? Not Phantasy Star Online, silly, Phinal Phantasy! (Ain't I clever?) Seriously, someone back me up!

Edited by zachariaswmb

I've also had a concept floating in my head for a while:  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Drum Corps"......think of the possibilities.

Hey, wasn't that my idea for my Velvet Knights fantasy revival corps? - B) - They'd use Britten's "Young Persons Guide" as a framework and take us on a "tour" of the activity ...

No black uniforms for Phantom Regiment ever again.  Worst decision they ever made.

Defiant Heart would not have worked with white uniforms.

Ok, so I think its pretty much official. A large number of people want to see Phantom playing Final Fantasy music. I agree.

Perfect Dark does have good music....I like the song from the Pelagic level. Too bad the game is like.....5 years old. Not too big of a deal, but....maybe more modern stuff would be more suitable? ::shrug::