prelims order?

No Look on DCA's web site they both went on back to back around 5th and 6th in 2002.

no no no

YOU are looking at the order they finished in

look at THIS link. it is recaps from 2002 prelims and THAT is the order they went on in.

Edited by LegalEagle50

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i could have SWORN the Renegades went on early as did the Inspires.

are you sure you aren't confusing where they went on last year with 2002?  :rolleyes:

Yes, you are absolutely correct. :)

After the 4 corps in A class, the Inspires went on first in open class, followed by Renegades, and then CorpsVets and Grenadiers. The recap shows the order of appearance.

2002 DCA Prelim Recap

Jeff

Ok, I stand corrected.

I still believe that a corps should be placed in Prelims performance order as to what they have accomplished in that same year. not as to what has happened in previous years.

Ok, I stand corrected.

I still believe that a corps should be placed in Prelims performance order as to what they have accomplished in that same year. not as to what has happened in previous years.

so bring it up at the next rules caucus?

not sure what else to tell you. right now it is what it is.

:rolleyes:

so bring it up at the next rules caucus? 

not sure what else to tell you.  right now it is what it is.

:rolleyes:

You're right! We have to deal with it.

See everyone at DCA

The way DCA is spread across the country and the great amount of corps that do not compete against one another during the season makes the job of placement at prelims one of the toughest. Everyone will never be satisfied. I think DCA did a heck of job this year with placing its growing membership base.

Remember that these are the prelim orders and the finals order is what counts. Trust that the fine DCA judges will judge all corps on a level field and the results will be satisfactory.

Don't let the order of performance be a problem.

i could have SWORN the Renegades went on early as did the Inspires.

You're correct, Liz. In 2002, the Skyliners were the last corps on among the Class A group. They were followed by the Inspires and then the Renegades as the first two competitors in Open Class.

Fran

So the first place corps this year could decide to not compete in August next year and still perform last in next year's prelims?

Something's not quite right about that.

well, as the other regions of DCA continue to grow, and their schedules grow, what other options are there?

believe it or not, the judges can see, even if someone goes on later, if they don't deserve a number in the range of the corps around them, they shouldn't get that number