I'll give ya the real list.  :blink:

Well one of the kewl things about DCP is that there are probably 10 different active threads where you can list them all!

:P

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to your original post I asked if you had seen the HS Band show which you contend the 2005 Cadet program was based.  You have conveniently failed to answer that question.  I will present it once again....have you seen the show or have you just jumped on the bandwagaon?  Can you back up your blanket statement???  You claim that you can back up your statements.  Well, here's your opportunity.  I'm calling you out.:blink:-

I dont follow marching band its not my cup of tea. Its been stated before by plenty of people here that both Cadets and Blue Devils shows were based on previous offerings. Thats the bottom line, regardless of how much was lifted, wether concepts were altered, parts were changed.

The 2005 Cadets is a show that was done, in some form, previously, it isnt original, nor is it groundbreaking, it was already marched and scored in a different arena. I dont need to say or do anything to back up my statement other than present to you that Mona shores did this show before. Its nothing new to the marching music world. And I guess to satisfy "your" wording, I am "jumping on the bandwagon" A spade is a spade no matter how you look at it.

~G~

Bah!  After reading some of the shows he likes, I bet that list is all backwards.  :P

I'll give ya the real list.  :blink:

actually it was organized by year... :P

Edited by TommySopranoContra

I dont follow marching band its not my cup of tea. Its been stated before by plenty of people here that both Cadets and Blue Devils shows were based on previous offerings. Thats the bottom line, regardless of how much was lifted, wether concepts were altered, parts were changed.

The 2005 Cadets is a show that was done, in some form, previously, it isnt original, nor is it groundbreaking, it was already marched and scored in a different arena.  I dont need to say or do anything to back up my statement other than present to you that Mona shores did this show before. Its nothing new to the marching music world. And I guess to satisfy "your" wording, I am "jumping on the bandwagon"  A spade is a spade no matter how you look at it.

~G~

There ya have it folks....I rest my case.

Since when does a show have to be completely original to be groundbreaking (and I'm not saying that the Cadets show this year was )???

Were the 1984, 1985, and 1987 Garfield Cadets who performed West Side Story, Make Our Garden Grow, Overture from Candide, and Appalachian Spring groundbreaking drum corps (all of the music had been performed before by marching bands and tons of other drum corps)???? They certainly were!

You admit that you have never seen the Moana Shores show, therefore you have no basis for your argument. You have no idea of how the two programs relate to one another.

Drum Corps and marching bands have borrowed and exchanged ideas from each other for years. Unless the show is a direct ripoff then how does is innovation deterred???

You simply miss the boat my man and your argument holds no water. I'll go beyond calling a "spade a spade".....you're nothing but a Cadet-basher who has issues.

If you wish to truly debate the facts then come better prepared with something other than your own personal opinion and hearsay.

Edited by George82

Well, none of us can really answer that unless we've seen both shows, I guess.  I too would like to hear if ~G~ has seen this Mona Shores show that he claims to know so much about.  Heh, after all "have you seen the show?" seems to be his favorite question for anyone else with an opinion. 

I have no opinion on the "mona shores" show. I never saw, have no desire to see it, and dont need to see it to know that it is the show that the 2005 Cadets is based on. It was stated clearly previously in this forum.

One does however, have to see a show if they are going to give their impression of a show. Claiming to know how a corps performad at championships, while not even being there...Well, why would anyone do that in the first place ?

~G~

There ya have it folks....I rest my case.

:blink: Cadets 1982!!!! :blink:

:blink:  Cadets 1982!!!!  :blink:

thanks Tommy

Talk about needing to get over ones self. Rest your case all you want. It doesnt change anything. Facts are still facts, no matter how we try to spin them.

So George, How was the 2005 Cadets show innovative ??

~G~

I believe I stated my reasoning in an earlier post....try to keep up. Resistance is futile... :blink: