I have no opinion on the "mona shores" show. I never saw, have no desire to see it, and dont need to see it to know that it is the show that the 2005 Cadets is based on. It was stated clearly previously in this forum.

You can know that the concept is similar, but how can you possibly comment on the shows themselves? In 2003, Crossmen presented a show called Colors, while Blue Knights presented a show called Primary Colors. The following year, Boston also presented a show based on Color. All three shows were different, and clearly so to anyone who saw them. Saying that two shows have a door on the field is quite different than saying that two shows are the same.

One does however, have to see a show if they are going to give their impression of a show.

I agree. Which is why it's odd that you claim to have an impression of how Mona Shores and Cadets' shows were so similar, despite the fact that you've never seen the former.

If you're still hung up on what I said about SCV '05, I saw them live in Indy. It wasn't at championships, but I never claimed otherwise.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can know that the concept is similar, but how can you possibly comment on the shows themselves?  In 2003, Crossmen presented a show called Colors, while Blue Knights presented a show called Primary Colors.  The following year, Boston also presented a show based on Color.  All three shows were different, and clearly so to anyone who saw them.  Saying that two shows have a door on the field is quite different than saying that two shows are the same.

I agree.  Which is why it's odd that you claim to have an impression of how Mona Shores and Cadets' shows were so similar, despite the fact that you've never seen the former. 

If you're still hung up on what I said about SCV '05, I saw them live in Indy.  It wasn't at championships, but I never claimed otherwise.

What gets me is the guy wants to debate facts when he's obviously ill-equipped to do so. How does one debate facts when your argument is based on hearsay?

Uh oh! take cover, I feel a fight coming on!

Yeah so anyway I loved the Cadets show. Innovation is an opinion in a lot of cases.

Yeah so anyway I loved the Cadets show. Innovation is an opinion in a lot of cases.

Point well taken Tommy.

I have no opinion on the "mona shores" show. I never saw, have no desire to see it, and dont need to see it to know that it is the show that the 2005 Cadets is based on. It was stated clearly previously in this forum.

One does however, have to see a show if they are going to give their impression of a show. Claiming to know how a corps performad at championships, while not even being there...Well, why would anyone do that in the first place ?

~G~

Come on. . .you're smarter than this, right?

Yes, you do need to have seen it in order to make your statement as a fact, which you often do. You are going off of other people on here spouting off about it, most of which probably know as little about it as you.

Unless you know the show was a copy, which Sylvester himself who designed both shows told you it was not, then quit bringing it up and spreading the lie again.

Can we not get personal? It ruins a good conversation hmmmm???

Phobic

2004 Show

Look here...

Please look here, it has the images of the show, "Twilight Zone", "an eye" "a door"...

Is this concept an original for the Cadets? No it wasn't..I thought we had this established in the season..even "they" admitted that this band did this and they took it further with the corps? "They" being Sylvester and Mr. Hopkins? Did "they" not?

It was discovered that Marc S wrote for this high school band..there it is if you look on the website. Does that satisfy y'all?

Now please, why keep arguing this? There are more important things in the world to be worrying about. Please..just go watch the news for a while and see what's going on in the Gulf Coast you will see how pointless this is.. :sshh:

Now please, why keep arguing this?

All's I know is, if I was a member of the Cadets this past summer, I'd be tickled pink to have performed a show that's been overwhelmingly talked about more than any other. :)