-A show you can watch 50 times and never see the same product...

-Drumspeak

-Drill seperating gaurd and horn/drumline

-Most descript storytelling of DCI history

-Original music that....works...

1. I think the most anyone could have seen this show this summer was about 35 times. Unless you were a member, staff, or volunteer with that corps. So yeah I don't know how many people can sample this thing 50 times. Star 1993 is kinda like that though to me. So i'll give you some credit on that statement.

2. I saw it at finals and sat there saying...uh...cool but where does this fit in the storyline/general effect or whatever. Cool idea but...um WHY do it? I didn't really buy it. They drum clean, i'd love to hear clean drumming...quarter credit.

3. Maybe you're speaking of some particular part in the show but uh...I think INTERGRATING the three sections of your corps is what is looked highly upon, not the opposite. I thought the ballad thing was very cool but that I think complemented Ensemble Music not Visual Ensemble. Until the closer i saw really no intergration whatsoever.

4. Descriptive? Yes, with the aid of amplfication but whatever. I still think it left people saying, "what the heck was that all about?" I got it for the most part so yeah alright.

5. Yeah, um you lost me here. Cause quite frankly how does original music...not work. I mean my definition of something not working is...it done broke itself or...oh crap there's a screw missing here. And from what I understand the closer was really Medea with some changes here and there so don't know what 2005 Cadets arrangement had that made it all "WORK" where everyone else that's tried it "FAILED"????

Innovative for this activity...NO.

Innovative for the Cadets....YES.\

Im not hating the show i liked it the show. It was clearly a great designed show that was performed pretty #### well.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

High school. Been there. Done that. I guess Mona shores was really inovative since it made an imression on the Cadets as they chose to copy it, huh ??

~G~

You still telling that lie???

No matter how many times you say it, it does not make it true. They did not COPY a high school show. Sylvester took the IDEA and expanded on it. He himself was on here trying to explain it but I guess you missed that by accident.

Thats not innovation, thats poor drill design. Of all the things that were positive about this show, their guard staging and visual flow was NOT one of them.

If anything ever resembled a high school band drill, this one did.

~G~

Lots of judges this summer disagreed with you.

Poor Tex, always combating or battling adverse opinions instead of offering something concrete of his own.

You have been trained very well.

~G~

Pot/Kettle :whistle:

Sylvester himself dispelled your lie on this very forum. You need something more concrete than that?

Thats not innovation, thats poor drill design. Of all the things that were positive about this show, their guard staging and visual flow was NOT one of them.

If anything ever resembled a high school band drill, this one did.

~G~

And you know this because.....

Winning the DCI Championship, sweepting all captions, a 19.9 in GE Visual, and tying the highest score in DCI history...not too shabby for a HS band. :whistle:

Edited by George82

As suspected, this thread is going down hill quickly. It's amazing to me how every thread about the Cadets turns ugly. It seems to be fair game to jump into a positive thread about the Cadets and trash it, but God forbid if this happens in a SCV or Phantom thread... then the flame throwers come out. I'm not a Cadets-borg. In fact I hated...absolutely hated the 2004 show. However, The Zone was brilliant, far better on ever level than anything else on the field this summer, and deserving of the score, the championship, and all the accolades. :lol::lol::lol::whistle:

And the constant comparisons of this show to marching band are absurd...absolutely absurd. <**> <**> <**> <**>

Edited by jcn8

As suspected, this thread is going down hill quickly.  It's amazing to me how every thread about the Cadets turns ugly.  It seems to be fair game to jump into a positive thread about the Cadets and trash it, but God forbid if this happens in a SCV or Phantom thread... then the flame throwers come out.  I'm not a Cadets-borg.  In fact I hated...absolutely hated the 2004 show.  However, The Zone was brilliant, far better on ever level than anything else on the field this summer, and deserving of the score, the championship, and all the accolades. 

And the constant comparisons of this show to marching band are absurd...absolutely absurd.

Oh please, spare me. Someone proclaimed "All hail the mighty, innovative Cadets" then gave us his ideas as to why they were innovative, all which were NOT innovative, pointing out the obvious, opinions or not.

It would stay constructive if the Borg was objective, that will never happen, they cant handle criticism, they cant handle negativity and want it all their way, the only way.

fact 1, a high school band did this type show before, comparisons will be made, and its accurate.

fact 2 , nothing concrete can be said about the shows innovation, correct me if Im wrong, I can change my mind.

fact 3, this show was well performed, actualy good in many aspects, doesnt mean its inovative and doesnt mean the drill design was jaw dropping.

Theres more to high visual than inovative drill design, which this show does NOT posess.

fact 4, borg needs to lighten up and take part in healty debate, want a rah rah, Cadets cant do no wrong thread ? Start one.

fact 5 The Zone was not far better on every level, audience response, and communication with the audience easly goes to the Phantom Regiment.

~G~

Oh please, spare me. Someone proclaimed "All hail the mighty, innovative Cadets" then gave us his ideas as to why they were innovative, all which were NOT innovative, pointing out the obvious, opinions or not.

It would stay constructive if the Borg was objective, that will never happen, they cant handle criticism, they cant handle negativity and want it all their way, the only way.

fact 1, a high school band did this type show before, comparisons will be made, and its accurate.

fact 2 , nothing concrete can be said about the shows innovation, correct me if Im wrong, I can change my mind.

fact 3, this show was well performed, actualy good in many aspects, doesnt mean its inovative and doesnt mean the drill design was jaw dropping.

Theres more to high visual than inovative drill design, which this show does NOT posess.

fact 4, borg needs to lighten up and take part in healty debate, want a rah rah, Cadets cant do no wrong thread ? Start one.

fact 5 The Zone was not far better on every level, audience response, and communication with the audience easly goes to the Phantom Regiment.

~G~

We'll have to agree to disagree. It occurs to me that one who openly praises SCV's show design this year (we'll have to agree to disagree on that one too because SCV's visual package was a mess) and then criticizes the Cadets visual package is biased to say the least.