fact 1, a high school band did this type show before, comparisons will be made, and its accurate.

So before they copied, now they did the same type of show. Make up your mind.

Also, when are you going to start criticizing every corps out there in this same manner? Not many shows out there that a high school has not done in similar fashion before.

fact 2 , nothing concrete can be said about the shows innovation, correct me if Im wrong, I can change my mind.

Just because you disagree with something does not mean its not conrete or fact.

fact 3, this show was well performed, actualy good in many aspects, doesnt mean its inovative and doesnt mean the drill design was jaw dropping.

Theres more to high visual than inovative drill design, which this show does NOT posess.

Again. . .several judges disagreed with you here all summer.

fact 4, borg needs to lighten up and take part in healty debate, want a rah rah, Cadets cant do no wrong thread ? Start one.

Again. . .Pot/Kettle

fact 5 The Zone was not far better on every level, audience response, and communication with the audience easly goes to the Phantom Regiment.

Opinions are like. . .well, you know.

Edited by TXMystreaux

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you know this because.....

Winning the DCI Championship, sweepting all captions, a 19.9 in GE Visual, and tying the highest score in DCI history...not too shabby for a HS band.  :whistle:

Oh Great now you had to go and bring up Highest Score in DCI. Lets get started on that. ( I am so Bad Heres another log for the flame.)

TX You are being an ###. Simple as that.

Let me change Everything to somethings they do are innovative when they are not. 

There do you feel better now.

Just having a debate/discussion. I did not know it was so easy to get under your skin.

Its funny how people are able to passionately diss The Cadets, but those who passionately defend The Cadets are called names.

Oh please, spare me. Someone proclaimed "All hail the mighty, innovative Cadets" then gave us his ideas as to why they were innovative, all which were NOT innovative, pointing out the obvious, opinions or not.

It would stay constructive if the Borg was objective, that will never happen, they cant handle criticism, they cant handle negativity and want it all their way, the only way.

fact 1, a high school band did this type show before, comparisons will be made, and its accurate.

fact 2 , nothing concrete can be said about the shows innovation, correct me if Im wrong, I can change my mind.

fact 3, this show was well performed, actualy good in many aspects, doesnt mean its inovative and doesnt mean the drill design was jaw dropping.

Theres more to high visual than inovative drill design, which this show does NOT posess.

fact 4, borg needs to lighten up and take part in healty debate, want a rah rah, Cadets cant do no wrong thread ? Start one.

fact 5 The Zone was not far better on every level, audience response, and communication with the audience easly goes to the Phantom Regiment.

~G~

Sure "G"....and referring to people as "borg" is inviting healthy debate, right???

I for one can handle criticism and can participate in healthy debate. I'm sure you can tell by my avatar and signature where my loyalties lie. Yours are equally obvious.

What I've grown tired of are people like you who label Cadet supporters "the borg" and negatively criticize anything and everything the Cadets do.

I know you have personal preferences and an opinion. But let me ask you this...what makes you such an authority on design???

Have you actually seen the Mona Shores show or are you just jumping on the "the Cadets 2005 show concept was stolen" band wagon??? If you haven't seen the program (which I'm willing to bet you haven't) then how can you (~G~) make comparisons?

In the drum corps arena, a show of this type has never been attempted before. Were the individual elements (music & visual) of the show innovative on their own merits...probably not. Putting all the elements together as a total package along with the execution and communication of the program's concept is where the innovation lies. It's an example of the total being greater than the sum of its parts.

No other drum corps has attempted this type of program and pulled it off successfuly. The Cadets did in 2005. The show was performed at the highest possible level and was deserving of the gold medal. It was creative and innovative in terms of its overall design.

If you didn't like the program or if it way beyond your realm of understanding than be a man and say so rather than take every opportunity to #### all over it.

No matter how much this subject is debated through the years, the outcome will not change. So "G"....don't hate, appreciate.

Reow.

Edited by Brasskitten

Going back to what someone said earlier, I agree that you see

different things when watching it each time. I will add that for me, I feel

different things depending on what mood I'm in or how perceptive

I am at that moment. Kind of like watching a David Lynch film.

Sometimes I like the oddness/creepiness in his films.

Other times, it's the underlying metaphores that he uses.

like the scene in Lost Highway with the main character meeting

the weird pale guy at the party...the guy was

supposed to be a metaphore for the protagonist's inner rage.

It was very effective and Cadets show has a similar

concepts throughout the show.

Edited by madalumni

Again. . .several judges disagreed with you here all summer.

But the judges only matter when the corps to which he is a borg receives high scores. When Cadets or others are favored by the judges it angers the Cadets haters and they say things like "I want to know what the judges were smoking" or "but so and so got the greatest crowd reaction" and other nonsense. It all comes back to life on the playground and some people are just sore losers.