Bushwackers Penalty

However, it's a reputation that they have worked hard to change, so if it sounded like I'm trying to perpetuate that old rep, I apologize.

That's pretty arrogant. You're suggesting that the Bushwackers "knew" they had a bad reputation and they're doing all they can to 'make people like them'. I can tell you that's not the case. Bushwackers do what Bushwackers feel is important to them as a corps.... not because they're trying to get people to like them. And, every other corps out there does the same thing. And, rightfully so.

But I have no need to apologize at all for my opinion about your corps' actions Sunday night. That mistake is on you guys, 100 percent.  If that means you have lost respect for me.... oh well.  Trust me, I won't be losing any sleep over it.  Life goes on, folks.

You're right. You shouldn't apologize for your opinion. It's yours and you have the right to it. But, you don't have the right to come onto a public forum such as this and "bash" a competing corps. You relinquished that right by becoming a part of Drum Corps Associates.

So, yes. Many people have lost respect for you because of this action of yours.

Sleep well.

Tim Hamel

Bushwackers 1989 - 1993

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all who competed.........

Great job Empire on another incredible season and 2nd place

You're kidding right? I was in the stands at finals. While Empire had an incredible season, they were not the 2nd place corps that evening and any attempt to take credit for that is in bad taste, in my opinion. Look at the recaps. I will say that I enjoyed the heck out of your show. It was very entertaining and your guard was amazing (I am a huge fan of color guard). Also, your pit soloists were great.

Bush, everyone around me in the stands was cheering for you when you trooped the stands. Not one person was booing. While you guys made an apparent mistake I think some people on here are giving you crap because they just don't like your corps. Plain and simple. It's sad. Awesome season. Looking forward to see what you will give us fans in 2006

Yes, we beat Empire on the field, but not in reality. Please let it go. The Statesmen understand that we were the better corps, performance wise.

It's really okay.

Bush, everyone around me in the stands was cheering for you when you trooped the stands. Not one person was booing. While you guys made an apparent mistake I think some people on here are giving you crap because they just don't like your corps. Plain and simple. It's sad. Awesome season. Looking forward to see what you will give us fans in 2006

Thank you..... and congratulations to all the other senior corps this past weekend for an awesome job as well!! :)

Yes, we beat Empire on the field, but not in reality. Please let it go.  The Statesmen understand that we were the better corps, performance wise.

It's really okay.

The way I look at it,,its One corps, one score!

I have only one problem with Bush. Where is your A-squad? An unbelievable level of disrespect, IMO.

There was actually a rumor going around that the penalty was for no American Flag section at an AL show. Heard that back at the hotel about a half hour after the victory concerts. <Go figure>

#### happens.

if anyone has a reason to be ###### about anything, it's not that Bush trooped the stands. Sure, not a good move, but not the end of the world.

if anyone has a right to ##### about anything, it should be the Bucs, who had a parade of loud, ####### rudely ignorant Legionaires go down the aisle on the 50 during Adagio.

now that's worth #####ing about. These were the ####### people helping to run the show...and Good ole Doc Sebastianelli led em down the aisle like the pied ####### piper of legionaires.

##### about that

Was one of them named Crystallllllllllll?

Ok...

Since we've heard from both Bush and DCA, and we all know what happened, I see no reason to keep this thread open. The people involved all ready feel bad enough, and there's no reason to keep rehashing what happened.

Closing thread.