Now that singing has become "acceptable"

What would we do without your "facts."  :lolhit:

Seriously, count the number of times somebody says "marching band" in the broadcast versus the number of times somebody says "drum and bugle corps." 

Freaking out over stupid stuff doesn't strengthen your argument nor does it magically turn your opinions into "facts."

You show my point well. Calling it "drum and bugle corps" doesn't make it such.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if drum corps sucks so bad now, then why not leave? :)

These type of people complain when things don't go their way, whether it has to do with drum corps or anything else. We've all met them. And it doesn't matter how much they offend others. I say let them whine and try to berate the activity that the kids in DCI are taking part in. I pity them, but at least they can watch dvds. :)

So if drum corps sucks so bad now, then why not leave? :)

Could you refer me to a post of mine where I've said "drum corps sucks"?

There is no lack of talent in the upper echelons of drum corps and I've never implied that. Blue Devils are an incredible marching band playing their marching band instruments. Cavaliers are an awesome marching band with their marching band instrument. These play their trumpets well and are at the pinnacle of the activity.

Hint: B flat (trumpet) = marching band

I refer you to an adroit question posited by DrumCorpsFan27 in post #76 of this thread. I would like to hear honest answers to his genuine question. Rather than dismissing the question with a simpleminded, "why not leave", try articulating a thoughtful response. It is welcomed.

Edited by Brassop

But saying that it's still "real" drum and BUGLE corps, when BUGLES are almost extinct from the activity is a direct insult to everyone that marched real drum and BUGLE corps. 

Dude (or Dudess) they're bands.  I refer you to tonights earth shattering ESPN2 broadcast aptly titled, "Extreme Marching Bands". 

Hint: Bugle = Bugle Corps , B flat (trumpets) = marching band.

If you want to get technical, bugles ARE extinct and WERE extinct when they added "valves". So if you marched in any time frame from say oh 1970 (give or take hahaha) you were NOT in a drum and "BUGLE" corps. FACT!