DCA's prelims and finals... my thoughts

Buccaneers. WOW.. they just blow me away WOW... this corps was amazing.. their performance was wonderful.. deffinetly deservant of the title.. they did have more demand then any other corps on the field.. and the emotion form that ballad.. Im speachless about the ballad. Deffinetly the NICEST moment on the field this year..  I made mention that Bush's guard was cleaner and they were.. cause Buccs had way too many drops in there show (and breaks).. and some recovery times were slow.. but when in comes down to performance.. and composition.. Buccs were on top. This corps was on fire tonight.. musically.. it was wonderful. Congratulations.    :huh:

So thats my review sorry its so long.. but.. its all good.  B)

Thank you for the very positive review of our show. I'm glad that you liked it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did only 3 corps from Class A make finals, even though there were 10 in Prelims? What are DCA's rules on that?

because right now, that's what the leadership of DCA has decided. patience is needed...DCA is still growing into being a national circuit

Lakeshoremen. Another new corps on the field. And first corps on in the day. Pretty impressive.. If I heard the announcer right I think he mentioned that this was your first competition. If this is true,, then very good job. In all honesty it was a pretty good sound and a very nicely done especially for being the first of many things. First time at DCA, first time in competition and first on the field.. nice job.

We did an exhibition performance at DCM in Dekalb, Il, but this was our very first competition. Our show was originally designed for minicorps competition but opted for A Class upon DCA enforcing the size limit rule. It was a gamble and we quickly had to make some changes, like additional drill and a more music to get closer to the minimum time limit.

All in all, we very happy with the outcome of the weekend and are very excited about next year. Thank you for the kind words.

We did an exhibition performance at DCM in Dekalb, Il, but this was our very first competition.  Our show was originally designed for minicorps competition but opted for A Class upon DCA enforcing the size limit rule.  It was a gamble and we quickly had to make some changes, like additional drill and a more music to get closer to the minimum time limit.

All in all, we very happy with the outcome of the weekend and are very excited about next year.  Thank you for the kind words.

Congratulations on your first time out.. my dad and I were impressed, great way to start DCA's IMO.. you looked really good. you guys have a lot to build on.. awesome to see you out. Looking forward to next year

because right now, that's what the leadership of DCA has decided. patience is needed...DCA is still growing into being a national circuit

Jeff,

I agree. Growth without patience can make things difficult. DCA is in a good place and should look to reach out into new areas, but now at the expense of its foundation.

OT, but I would like to see the various regions outside the NE hold more August shows with DCA judges that would likely be at prelims and finals. This would lessen the impact of the first read at finals syndrome.

Renegades.  What I sort of don't like about this corps it that they keep things almost too simple in my opinion.. 

Thanks for the kind words in your review, Quinny! I'm glad you enjoyed our show. It's very interesting, though. I was watching our finals performance this weekend and I commented to some of my Renegades friends that one of our problems is that we make what we do appear to be so easy! Mission accomplished! Sorry dude, there was nothing simple about our show this year, we just performed the #$@! out of it!

(BTW, I'm definitely NOT trying to start a flame war here!)

Congratulations to everyone on a fine year and to the Bucs for a well-deserved championship. Good luck to everyone in 2006!

Jeff,

I agree.  Growth without patience can make things difficult.  DCA is in a good place and should look to reach out into new areas, but now at the expense of its foundation. 

OT, but I would like to see the various regions outside the NE hold more August shows with DCA judges that would likely be at prelims and finals.  This would lessen the impact of the first read at finals syndrome.

imagine that we agree.

and yes, i'd like to see instant chage too....but if we did that, we'd be DCI