Watching the Broadcast at a sports bar

i spend a good deal of time around high school bandos... they love gimmicks.

Therein lies the problem.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. Somnetimes I think I was spoiled. How could ANYTHING live up to that, once you've seen possibly THE most exciting, crowd-friendly show ever put on the field? I remember the next year seeing Phantom...and I fell in love AGAIN. :)

You and me both....what a great first show to see.

The people watching the show with me knew nothing of George Hopkins, they just knew what they thought was stupid: Talking into microphones during a drum corps show.

Oh God, how I so agree with you, that "Bjork speak" is silly , laughable, and quite embarassing. Not much talent needed to do it either. Wow, copy a singers voice...blech !!!!!!!!

Play your instruments, dont "bjork speak" dont "drum speak" You won high drums because you can play it not say it, what a cop out.........yuk

~G~

Play your instruments, dont "bjork speak" dont "drum speak" You won high drums because you can play it not say it, what a cop out.........yuk

~G~

They did indeed win high drums because they could play it.

They just got a good audience reaction when they spoke it.

Those people were so stupid for being clapping at that part. :worthy:

That's just frickin' funny. :P

Personally, I'm a big fan of Bjork, but I do know she is extremely odd. Now, why The Cadets would want to mimic her is a mystery to me. While I enjoyed their ballad, her voice is usually left for the winterguard crowd. ;)

I bet they also hate it when BJORK does it!

Mike

I couldn't care less what words you use.  I'm not questioning peoples' opinions of shows. 

I don't understand how it's one man's fault.

Dude, reading is fundamental, go back and re-read or do whatever. I understood what he said, you didnt. It isnt open to interpretation, its black and white what he said, get over it, you dont understand, you dont want to, its not the way you see it.

~G~

Get over the Cadets drum speak part, it was bad a**.  I don't know any drum corps drummer (who isn't fossilized) not like it.  Hands down, without a doubt, Cadets out played every other line this past season.  Cadets battery rammed more notes in their ballad than many corps did in their entire show. 

Really ?? I know a lot of drummers that cant stand it, a lot of non drummers too.

It was terrible, so I guess cause they "threw down" all those notes in the ballad, they needed a break, huh ?? Pleeeeeeze, play it, dont say it. You are the best drum line ?? Then play, dont speak. It was cheezy, sophmoric, geeky, and embarassing.

~G~