Re: New "intro" for the dcacorps.org web page...

bawker

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lame? given the lack of budget they have to work with, i think it's pretty #### good

:worthy: Guitars and Percussion??? Maybe it's just me but I would prefer the RUMPS!!!!! :music:

Did I detect AMPS????

Edited by melligene

A budget shouldn't have anything to do with a website design and style. You can make the worlds greatest flash site as long as you have Flash to build it with. Same goes with HTML...You can have a very lame site, bad design, poor layout, and bad navagation. You can also have the greatest HTML site out there. Obviously whoever the webmaster is they have the products to do it. It's just a matter of TIME and SKILL. Budget only comes into play for web hosting and name registration.

BTW I happen to like DCA's layout. Not too busy and not too plain. It's simple and to the point. Which in my mind is VERY effective. Take a look at Grenadiers site... I didn't want to go with some confusing and busy website. The corps members and fans alike don't need to sift through information they don't need to arrive to the final destination. I build simple, effective, and tidy. I can do crazy flash websites, busy websites, lots of images...you name it. But I prefer not to. Clients come first as well as your demographic.

Cool intro which then delivers you to the same lame site. Hopefully, they are working on the rest of the site!

I think Glen did a great job with the flash in the intro, just didn't like the "music" part of it. Thought something more drumcorpsish would have been more appropriate. As for the rest of the site, I really like it. Easy and well layed out. The whole point of the site is to give information, not try to entertain with flashy colors. This site alwasy gets ^OO^ from me.

A budget shouldn't have anything to do with a website design and style.  You can make the worlds greatest flash site as long as you have Flash to build it with.  Same goes with HTML...You can have a very lame site, bad design, poor layout, and bad navagation.  You can also have the greatest HTML site out there.  Obviously whoever the webmaster is they have the products to do it.  It's just a matter of TIME and SKILL.  Budget only comes into play for web hosting and name registration.

BTW I happen to like DCA's layout.  Not too busy and not too plain.  It's simple and to the point.  Which in my mind is VERY effective.  Take a look at Grenadiers site... I didn't want to go with some confusing and busy website.  The corps members and fans alike don't need to sift through information they don't need to arrive to the final destination.  I build simple, effective, and tidy.  I can do crazy flash websites, busy websites, lots of images...you name it.  But I prefer not to.  Clients come first as well as your demographic.

sarcasm=ON

Funny how the word "volunteer" doesn't appear in the above quote.

sarcasm=OFF

lame? given the lack of budget they have to work with, i think it's pretty #### good

w/Stp:

I thinks its great