DCP-I/A moving to a new location

sburstall

I don't understand how you plan on making the circuit better.  It just unites a bunch of drum corps and in turn weighs their opinions.  What you may think is good for DCP-I may not be so great to the corps that aren't involved in your organization.

But you are making us out to be what we dont even consider ourselves. Just like any organization, or group--all we do is get together and discuss our own proposals, and what not. Similar to what band directors do, or corps directors. All FANFARE does is allows us a directors to operate under the same umberalla. We aren't trying to pass off our ideas or proposals to each other, but we simply hear each other out and give advice on how to improve ideas and or proposals. And not once has anyone said what is good for DCP-I will be good for all corps involved or aren't--which is why WE as directors in FANFARE are getting together, because we would like everyone involved in DCP-I to have the same. Instead of spouting off things about an organization that you really know nothing about, why not try to learn about those involved in it, and maybe you will be educated and understand. This isn't about FANFARE, we just have ideas about things that could possibly make DCP-I better for EVERYONE, and we share many of the same ideas (even with directors NOT in FANFARE). There are several directors not in FANFARE who still work with us, so we arent excluding as far as that goes. We are just like every other corps director, and you should respect our individual corps for that.

Keep in mind, we as directors still operate our own corps, and will do things our own way. Just because we are in FANFARE doesnt mean we have to always do things that FANFARE might wish to vote on or etc. Similar to YEA--each corps involved has their own staff, and runs completely how they do.

I personally like the idea of corps directors getting together and forming their organizations. Who says we have to be against each other, and it seems as soon as FANFARE was formed, those like yourself started that rumor. You can still create or not... your own group, and do just as we are, collaborating with ideas. In th end, we all have to work together to get rules passed and what not.

Thank you and Musically yours,

Matthew

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think YEA, and what have you.

Well, without the obsession with woodwinds and electronics, anyway :P

But you are making us out to be what we dont even consider ourselves. Just like any organization, or group--all we do is get together and discuss our own proposals, and what not. Similar to what band directors do, or corps directors. All FANFARE does is allows us a directors to operate under the same umberalla. We aren't trying to pass off our ideas or proposals to each other, but we simply hear each other out and give advice on how to improve ideas and or proposals. And not once has anyone said what is good for DCP-I will be good for all corps involved or aren't--which is why WE as directors in FANFARE are getting together, because we would like everyone involved in DCP-I to have the same. Instead of spouting off things about an organization that you really know nothing about, why not try to learn about those involved in it, and maybe you will be educated and understand. This isn't about FANFARE, we just have ideas about things that could possibly make DCP-I better for EVERYONE, and we share many of the same ideas (even with directors NOT in FANFARE). There are several directors not in FANFARE who still work with us, so we arent excluding as far as that goes. We are just like every other corps director, and you should respect our individual corps for that.

Keep in mind, we as directors still operate our own corps, and will do things our own way. Just because we are in FANFARE doesnt mean we have to always do things that FANFARE might wish to vote on or etc. Similar to YEA--each corps involved has their own staff, and runs completely how they do.

I personally like the idea of corps directors getting together and forming their organizations. Who says we have to be against each other, and it seems as soon as FANFARE was formed, those like yourself started that rumor. You can still create or not... your own group, and do just as we are, collaborating with ideas. In th end, we all have to work together to get rules passed and what not.

Thank you and Musically yours,

Matthew

That is all well and good except for the fact that this is the first comment I've made. I have yet to make any comments towards Fanfare. Iask a simple question and get flamed for it. Neither I nor my corps deserve that kind of disrespect. Blow-ups like that are making me think that it would be better for the Conquistadors if we returned to the VCL circuit where none of this occurs.

By the way: my question was not answered in that extremely long, uncalled for post. What is the organization going to do to help DCP-I?

I see some bitter rivalries forming... and I like it! ^0^

What should the logo say?

Just looking for things something like this...

fdcilogo7.gif

fdcilogo10.gif

Just some examples. We could also use a Trophy or 5.....

I don't understand how you plan on making the circuit better.  It just unites a bunch of drum corps and in turn weighs their opinions.  What you may think is good for DCP-I may not be so great to the corps that aren't involved in your organization.

Won't those opinions get weighed in anyways if there was no such group of corps that got together? A said director is going to say what he/she thinks whether or not he/she is part of some organization. Soooooo......um....yeah.

If someone has an idea that they think is good for DCP-I, anyone can put it out in the open. And just because they speak it doesn't mean it is going to go through. <DUH!>

So, guys, what's the big deal?

EDIT: I like the first logo there!

Edited by scadesboi

By the way: my question was not answered in that extremely long, uncalled for post.  What is the organization going to do to help DCP-I?

Wait and see B)

EDIT:  I like the first logo there!

Well those are for FDCI, not DCP-I.... but if someone can modify it... hint hint...

The way you guys are getting defensive makes me think somethings afoot.

And no, the opinions would not be the same if they were similar and came from different directors. Each and everyh rule proposal is interpreted differently even if they are similar. I participated in the last one and saw it happen.

The more I read into this the more I find it to be some sort of huge secret. I have no time for conspiracies and trivial nonsense.

Gentlemen, I have a drum corps to run. See you on the field.