Regiment and "Romeo and Juliet"

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know where he's coming from.  I much prefer the dark, evil, and militarisitic shows over the light hearted, and playful shows, which are still very good, but not what I think of when I think of Phantom.

"Dark, evil, and militarisitic" like the Nutcracker, Swan Lake, the New World Symphony, and the Bacchanale?

Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet would be great.

I seem to recall there was talk of doing Peter and the Wolf when I was marching. in the late 80s.

I would love to see some Mozart (Requiem, even though he supposedly didn't write all of it) or an all Beethoven show.

Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet would be great.

I seem to recall there was talk of doing Peter and the Wolf when I was marching. in the late 80s.

I would love to see some Mozart (Requiem, even though he supposedly didn't write all of it)  or an all Beethoven show.

I've sung the Requiem with my choral group the Aspen Choral Society, Aspen, Co. One of my two favorite works in the repertoire :wub: ! My other on is the Brahmms German Requiem. I wouldn't mind Regiment taking a look at that!

You're right about the Mozart. Wolfgang died just after he wrote the Lacrymosa which is about halfway through the piece. Salieri finished it from there we think. You can tell that there is a distinct stylistic break there. Still, one of the greatest works ever written for Choir :huh:

Jim Wolf

71-77 NJ Black Watch

I wonder, now that narration has been legalized, if somebody might try that...

I completely agree with Prokofiev's R&J as fantastic music for Phantom. In my opinion, it is possibly the best ballet music ever written and it provides the corps with an instantly recognizeable visual "storyline". That's half the battle and in this case, everyone already knows the story going in. Great music performed well with a very accessible story, I think it would really work. (But then again, I thought this would have been a good show for Southwind to follow up their Gayen show with from a couple of years ago). Someone definitely needs to do this music.