* Official * DCP Amplification Discussion

George

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what would happen if a director submitted a proposal to ban A&E. If I remember correctly, it was pretty close last time. I wonder if the public outcry and controversy would sway any minds.

the problem is, despite what some directors have said off the record, no one has the balls to actually do it

I wonder what would happen if a director submitted a proposal to ban A&E. If I remember correctly, it was pretty close last time. I wonder if the public outcry and controversy would sway any minds.

Doubt it, seeing as there was no 'public outcry' and 'controversy' in the overall audience.

Mike

Vocals in gerneral:

Keep to a minimum! The chanting rhyhmic stuff is usually ok, but a little bit goes a long way. The singing is usually just not done that well, (sorry but IMO true!) or at least at the same high level as the brass and percussion playing, so again, a little goes a long way.

As for amping vocals, my biggest complaint is that it doesn't sound right and fit in with an otherwise all acoustic ensemble. It jumps out at you IMO in a negative way, very out of character with everything else going on.

Edited by shawn craig

I talked to one of the top Div I directors this summer and it was insightful.

1. The percussion arrangers and staff are the ones pushing amps. Some directors really don't want to use them but risk losing top percussion staffif if they don't .

2. Percussion judges have made negative comments to corps not using amps. So much for it being a choice.

Edited by shawn craig

slacker:P

i am tired of talking about them too, so let's ban them

I second the motion. ^OO^

Doubt it, seeing as there was no 'public outcry' and 'controversy' in the overall audience.

Mike

3000+ is 'no outcry?' Maybe in your thinking.

No, there's another reason it won't happen...money.

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27