If only there was...

I agree with the Cadets 96 choice by some of you, but they really didn't need one more week.  They had the performance on finals night with the exception of the big phasing snafu in the Red Pony closer. They were .3 off of BD after semis, and they were performing brilliantly through their first 3 tunes on finals night.  Then in the middle of the 4th tune they had a very bad tear in the music and marching.  The tear was significant and had to cost them at least 7 to 8 tenths if not a full point.  They ultamitely were runners-up by .5. That tear opened the door for Phantom to tie BD when BD didn't perform their best show.

Cadets won Ensemble Music and Ensemble Visual that night.... :blink:

How they won Ensemble Music with a tear like that is beyond me, maybe the judge was talking when it happened, they recovered quickly.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and they would have been in a solid 3rd place.

Cadets could not have gotten any better in 03....the design was a mess and I didn't think it could get much worse...until the 2004 Cadets!! ampssuck

Edited by LaSqueegee

Cadets could not have gotten any better in 03....the design was a mess and I didn't think it could get much worse...until the 2004 Cadets!!  ampssuck

i think the finals surge by the cadets proves you wrong, unless yourre saying they stayed constant and that cavaliers were getting worse, hence the closing of the gap...

SCV-2002 also b**bs

word...i think that show got hosed big time. i still think it was 3rd at worst, and i could make a solid case for 2nd. I dont know if it could ever have overtaken Cavies though.

SCV 2000...great finals performance, if they could have harnessed that emotion with a little more cleanliness they could have taken it from both Cavies and Cadets.

somebody mentioned Cadets 92, but i dont think they needed another week. They caught fire and peaked just at the right time, and IMO should have edged the Cavies (they had a great show too, debatable either way).