Favorite DCA Soloist

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 15 year old. Sadly, he doesn't know any better.

Looking forward to the DVD's so I can have a look at his performance.

i know better...ive been tought well...lets not start another one of these threads...the reason why i said tht, is because the person said the other person was flawless....

Yes Timmy you taught me proper "Leaning" technique! Just when to put in the right amount of mojo

Now get Donnie to teach you the Penguin walk.......pretty soon the lawn chair, but I won't go there....... :lol:

Now get Donnie to teach you the Penguin walk.......pretty soon the lawn chair, but I won't go there....... :lol:

That the differnce between Baritone and Sops soloist ....

We never mastered the lawn chair!!!!

The "penguin walk" is a trademark that cannot be copied, sorry Adam. Many have tried to no avail.

But now the "lean" goes way back to Fossil's days with Blessed Sac. Add a John Parduba 4 star mouthpiece and some vibrato....and voila...you have the sound of the 60's all over again.

Donny

and I appreciate so many people saying that I play well....LOL. I am making a comeback of sorts.

The "penguin walk" is a trademark that cannot be copied, sorry Adam. Many have tried to no avail.

But now the "lean" goes way back to Fossil's days with Blessed Sac. Add a John Parduba 4 star mouthpiece and some vibrato....and voila...you have the sound of the 60's all over again.

Somehow I suspect the penguin walk may have been invented to negotiate the cow fields where you upstate guys rehearsed. Nothing like that in the Newark Armory.......and the vibrato was invented by singing "doo-wop" in the locker room there.....or maybe by switching from baritone to soprano, take your pick.

Tim

Oh how soon we forget Mike DeMeo and David Martin...2 of the very best evr until these freaks came along...LOL.

Donny

I had Boots in the original post that I started.

I guess that the politically correct thing to say would be Tommy D since I am married to the squeeler (haha I know that should get you going honey) All kidding aside he is very good.

I am also kind of going WAY back and saying my father Jerry "iron lips" Dunn was another great when at the top of his game. Not sure if DCA or RCA but he was written up and named top sop many times in the 60's and 70's. I just wish that he would come back and play again but he is dead set that he is retired from Drum Corps.

Oh yeah and both of these men in my life marched, played their solo and fell back into line and marched some more. :sshh:

Oh crap, and Nick Filia will be so upset if I don't at least get his name mentioned here too since I am the president of his fan club .....(right DA?) b**bs

i know better...ive been tought well...lets not start another one of these threads...the reason why i said tht, is because the person said the other person was flawless....

ooooh ok.

Well take our word for it, Genevieve's performances are pretty much flawless. Just listen to the Brigs ballads from 2002-2003-2004, you can make up your own mind about it. I am of course biased, She is my best friend... lol