Minor uni changes...

"Epaulet" is French for "shoulder."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen what the marching bands look like that use the Cavalier lookalike uniforms but with longer jackets? They look horrible.

So true, YUCK ampssuck ampssuck

#1 marching bands dont always tailor uniform to their wearers...

#2 i said a strip, not sequins

cavies uniform is a smart one for hiding dirt and making them look tall, no stripe, black shoes, and the middrifts make them look 7 feet tall.... all fluff

Also, very true. Their feet aren't as clean as some people think, upper bodies maybe, but not feet.

ohhh okay, thanks.

and that is one awesome picture.

~>conner

Heh....I think it was right after one of the 2 shows in Stillwater, MN...just a LITTLE humid that night.

I don't know that it would happen with a modern plume....you can see the feathers on these are rather long....but I think modern plumes have shorter feathers and layers them down the shaft...you probably wouldn't get the helicopter effect like we did!

Edited by 84BDsop

well...being that i wore one for two years, and that i sat directly in front of the drum major, i would change cap reg's unis to all look like the black drum major uni, and somehow make the drum major's white...

i think that would be sweet...or even a darker blue, i thought we looked like a kid's room or something....

phantom back in black

scv back to 2004 unis, those were effin sweet

agreed with all black cap. regiment thing

sorry, I hardly look to the Cadets uniform to represent DCI uniforms as a whole.

~>conner

I'm not saying Cadets' uniforms represent DCI, anymore than the Detroit Red Wings' uniforms represent the NHL or the Boston Celtics uniforms represent the NBA, etc. I'm just saying that the Cadets' uniforms have stayed the same over the years even as many corps around them have adapted to trends, or tried to start new trends.

I think one reason Cadets stayed teh same for so long was simply ther lack of funds to buy new unis...prior to the NEW unis, the only real change was removing the Garfield patch aftrer they moved, and shortening the drop sash.

In 84 the unis were older than the kids who wore them!

Well, finances were probably the main reason that the "Cadets of Borderline Poverty" kept their uniforms during this period. But they also won during this period too.

The New York Yankees would never stop wearing pinstripes, because those same pinstripes have been worn by many championship teams.

The Detroit Pistons wore some combination of red white and blue for many years, including the "Bad Boys" era when they won 2 championships. Then they switched to a faddish fashionable teal and black in the 90's and they sucked. Then they switched back to red white and blue and they won again. B)

If you can associate a uniform with greatness, why change it? Yeah it's kind of superstitious I suppose, but if you were a Cadet in 2004, and you put on the same basic uniform that was worn by a Cadet in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's? Wow... wouldn't that be something?

It's that tab of material (1-2" wide) that sits on top of the shoulder area between the collar and the shoulder wings.  The baldric goes through it....it's purpose is to hold the baldric in place.

Check out this pic from 84 BD (Hi, Doug!)

Plumes.jpg

The epaulets on our unis were white....you can see them on each shoulder

Were there fireworks going on behind you when you took this picture? Or were seagulls attacking you? :P

lol upper upper bodies.... lol

The white hats help define the forms from up top. One thing about the Cavies, is that their forms are always very well defined. Hence, the white hats. Black shoes, no spats, harder to see the feet. Even from field level. Bottom line, take advantage of what you do well and that is the design of the visual. Add any white to the pants or shoes and the effect is gone. The Cavies do march well, but why expose something you don't have to. They have done well with the uniform they have. No changes are needed.

I would switch back to the 03 BD jackets, a minor uni change IMO. The suit effect they were going for is a neat idea, but they just look like the members put the 03 jackets on half inside out.

Edited by Slow Adam

Pioneer - I'd make the plaid mini-baldric a full one - right now it looks like each member has one that's too small for them.

I'd go this route:

Dig up the khaki jackets and white pants and shoes that Phantom used from '00-'02; put a green shamrock on the jacket (like where they have it now); keep the tartan/baldric, give them a dark green aussie with white and green feathers (and maybe some orange ones for the ageouts B)) and turn 'em loose.

Edited by Galen