2005 Off Season DCP-I/A Rules Congress

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I would like to see it. Lower 48 mimicks the DCI tour. We can keep the Euro, Pacific, and Frozen North tours too.

This is one of those on the fence purposals. Maybe all we need to do is make shows closer together, that way we can avoid 900 miles trip in one day. It makes no sense to have a contest in Boise the night before all corps have to be at either Allentown or Atlanta.

Also, I some of this is up to the director. Make a realistic tour, if you are a east coast corps and want to go out west, well plan for it.

I agree with you Shannon. And some of those shows you mentioned (i.e. Boise the night before Allentown) are probably better for corps who are doing more of a regional tour schedule (i.e. Division II)--I notice a lot of shows are taking place in certain areas, well after corps in Division I have moved through those areas. Let's keep this for Division II/III as well, I plan on keeping Bleu Knights regional (Division II) until after the first part of the season, then we will move closer to the Champs. location.

I understand the idea behind the proposal, but it is "fantasy" and those shows make things interesting and unique.

I'd love to have those shows too. I'm just talking from a general standpoint, it would be cool to have a schedule that rides the same lines as DCI (with some "fantasy") shows thrown into the mix. Even though this is fantasy, many of us do like to be realistic when we are planning our schedules and what not.

I think the Euro type tours need to be left in.

When I made Mystré tour, they did Japan and Europe.

I actually looked at my us tour and went, that show is near a major airport, we fly out on the next day.

When I came back from Europe, I waited 3 days and had a show in Orlando. Why? Major airport.

My concern with tour is what we have in the lower 48, and I agree with what Matt says about the line up.

Here is my purposal for the percussion issue.

The elimnation of the Field and Ens Percussion. In return these captions will be replaced with one Music Percussion caption. This will be represented by one corps.

If you choose 04 Bluecoats.

Their final score for the percussion caption was.

Percusion Ens18.50 Percusion Field 18.40

These two scores are averagere and the total is 18.45 that was their total percussion score. That will be you Music Percussion Score.

In return the point system will be based off of 125 insteed of the previous 145.

As far as the tour scheduling goes, it was supposed to go the way you suggested, with corps not going from one coast to the other in a day, but that has not really been enforced lately because of the influx of corps. But my main things will be homeshows, as well as regionals, and things like the US Open and things like that.

Here is my purposal for the percussion issue.

The elimnation of the Field and Ens Percussion. In return these captions will be replaced with one Music Percussion caption. This will be represented by one corps.

If you choose 04 Bluecoats.

Their final score for the percussion caption was.

Percusion Ens18.50 Percusion Field 18.40

These two scores are averagere and the total is 18.45 that was their total percussion score. That will be you Music Percussion Score.

In return the point system will be based off of 125 insteed of the previous 145.

Basically we have the same proposal, just worded differently.

The fantasy shows do a good job of covering the entire map and give more choices. I know in real life, there is no DCI shows anywhere near my house and there are at least 3 close by in the fantasy schedule.

We can introduce schedule things too, right? If so...

Proposal: Create prelims/semi-finals/finals format for division 2 & 3 corps. top 12 corps from each division advance to semi-finals, and top 6 from each division advance to finals for a combined top 12 event.

Rationale: There are a large number of competing corps in divisions two and three. This past season's finals saw only 12 corps from a combined 2/3 prelims advance to finals. Current proposal allows for more corps to compete throughout the finals week, and allows directors the opportunity to better analyze their corps's progress against other corps. Current schedule leaves a majority of the corps hanging dry after day one of finals week.

Submitted by Raincross

Edited by bari_benzo

Proposal: Instead of corps accruing bonus points per each show, all corps will earn bonus points at specific points in the season (such as just before or just after major regionals). Additionally, there will be set times in the season when corps can change captions, and corps will be limited to 3 caption changes at a time for the course of the season.

Rationale:

A: Nobody knows what a corps will change to. No more cheating.

B: No more question about when you can change a caption

C: The 3 at a time will look like slight changes not DRASTIC change

D: Makes life easier for Steve and Jeff

Submitted by Mystre