2005 Off Season DCP-I/A Rules Congress

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules currently have the top 5 highest scoring corps from 2/3 finals, regardless of division competing in D1 prelims.

Proposal: No longer allowing Division II/III corps into the Division I Prelims.

Rationale: The D2/3 corps that advance into the D1 prelims have already either won or scored very high in their own division. Division 1 corps get bumped out of their show because a D2/3 corps has scored higher. If anything they should only be allowed a judged exhibition performance in the division 1 prelims to see how they stacked up but they cannot advance and knock other corps out.

Proposed by: Roselle Park Conquistadors, eXplosion

That actually wouldn't bother me one bit. We choose which division our corps participates in, and if we wish, can have more than one participating corps.

On the other hand, it's kind of cool to see a 2/3 corps competing against the D1 corps, and if one corps is being bumped off by a corps who is using fewer points more efficiantly, than that is the problem of the D1 corps, and they should use this situation as a learning tool for next time.

Two hands, two sides. As a 2/3 director, I have no preference and can side either way.

But to go along with Harry's Proposal, if it's handed to the voting comittee and passed, then I would like to add the following proposal

Proposal: Have 2/3 finals schedule concur with DCI D1 schedule.

Rationale: Because 2/3 corps are using D1 scores for competition, it seems logical for the 2/3 schedule to match that of the corps they are generating scores from、if and only if said proposal by Roselle Park is passed.

Proposal by Raincross

Edited by bari_benzo

Proposal: No longer allowing Division II/III corps into the Division I Prelims.

Rationale: The D2/3 corps that advance into the D1 prelims have already either won or scored very high in their own division. Division 1 corps get bumped out of their show because a D2/3 corps has scored higher. If anything they should only be allowed a judged exhibition performance in the division 1 prelims to see how they stacked up but they cannot advance and knock other corps out.

Proposed by: Roselle Park Conquistadors, eXplosion

I've been trying to get this passed for sometime now. Many say the whole "Well if a corps using less points is scroing higher..." I still think we should have Division I DCP-I for Division I, Division II/III have their own championships and should compete in their own finals, and call the season done. Now I do agree with your allowing them to do judged exhibition. Should a Division II/III corps do well, it should be up to them to move to Division I the next season.

It might be nice if the D2's could at least compete in D1 prelims (but not move on past that round), to see how they stack up against the D1's.

could also make a Sunday exhibition/show case with the top 3 from each division (the medal winners) coming together for one BIG 9 corps extravaganza.

could also make a Sunday exhibition/show case with the top 3 from each division (the medal winners) coming together for one BIG 9 corps extravaganza.

This can be done. It doesn't require any "judging" if it's exibition. Someone just needs to "write it up" for the papers.

Remember, anything this is going to full under "exibition" doesn't require a "rule change" since that won't effect anything at the judging end. If you want it judged, then we'll need to talk.