Troopers not Fielding a corps for 2006

i would imagine DCI and the Troop will come to the right decision when they come back.

after all, magic rushed back to do a full tour in 02, and by the end of 03 money problem rumors abounded more than rumors about Bob Barker dying

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Trevor Bailey. I am a member of the Troopers as well and the 2006 season will be my age-out year. I would be so greatful to anyone who supports me and my other brothers and sisters. I am planning on trying out for Phantom Regiment on Euphonium in November and living in Shreveport,La becomes quite a strain on the wallet. We need you guys!!! Tahnks in advance.

Email: Hldbaritone@yahoo.com

HLD,

Trevor Bailey

Baritone 2003-04,06(Age-out)

Trooper Till I Die

I don't know what to say! :(

It just wont seem like a real drum corps season without the TROOP! <**>

I hope all the trooper members find welcoming new homes!

Looks like we have the answers to what the "long-standing external and internal problems" are:

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/...09200010122.txt

That story should put end to all speculation of DCI trying to kill the Troopers. DCI hung on as long as they could. Troopers need someone who will make sure things are done properly on the business side of things and they should be back soon. I'm looking forward to it.

Regarding the discussion of the "sunburst" move and where and with whom it may have originated, I offer the following antecdote: The great composer G.F. Handel was often criticized for "borrowing" tunes, themes and ideas from other composers. On a particular occasion he was approached by someone who asked why he had lifted or used a tune composed by his contemporary Bononcini instead of coming up with something of his own. Handel's reply: "It was much too good for him. He didn't know what to do with it."

Regardless of who may have come up with the sunburst, it will forever be identified with the corps that performed it far better than anyone else -- the Troopers.

Edited by ChicagoFan

Looks like we have the answers to what the "long-standing external and internal problems" are:

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/...09200010122.txt

What's interesting is that there have been something like 5 front-page stories about the Troopers in the Star Tribune since Sept. 30, plus a rather scathing Editorial in the op-ed section and a few letters to the editor citing sadness and hope. Judging by the media coverage of this whole thing the Troopers are a much bigger part of that community than I would have thought, perhaps moreso than groups in other geographic locations.

Are these positives or not?

Hi Ed!! I would go so far as to say moreso than any other drum corps group anywhere. I think the Troopers have a great base of support and I think it can be nothing BUT positive. In that article, it shows local businessmen support for the corps. I think that's cool.

And yes...thank goodness for this article. I know Troop probably doesn't want to air it's laundry like that, but to me, it's VERY necessary for us in the world of drum corps to get the facts before we here more of the same assanine "DCI kills another corps" rumor.

What's interesting is that there have been something like 5 front-page stories about the Troopers in the Star Tribune since Sept. 30, plus a rather scathing Editorial in the op-ed section and a few letters to the editor citing sadness and hope. Judging by the media coverage of this whole thing the Troopers are a much bigger part of that community than I would have thought, perhaps moreso than groups in other geographic locations.

I wouldn't say that. Even when I marched in the mid to late 80s and lived in Casper, support was spotty, and from what I've heard, it's not much better. I think we might have a case of a small town with a juicy story to report.

I think the corps would be much stronger if local business men got involved, like on the Board of Directors.

I think the Troopers have a great base of support and I think it can be nothing BUT positive. In that article, it shows local businessmen support for the corps. I think that's cool.

And yes...thank goodness for this article. I know Troop probably doesn't want to air it's laundry like that, but to me, it's VERY necessary for us in the world of drum corps to get the facts before we here more of the same assanine "DCI kills another corps" rumor.

Hmm..I copied this article and posted it on the front page of DCP the day it broke, y'all are just now seeing this story?

:P :) Y'all should check the news page of DCP more often... B)