Best Brass Sound in 2005!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think Crown, Bluecoats, and Phantom Regiment were my favorite hornlines this year. Blue Devils had an incredible sound, as usual, but the show didn't highlight this, in my opinion. My honorable mention goes to Blue Knights - I loved that show.

Crown and Blue Devils, in different ways. Crown had the fullest sound, and nobody really matched their blend and power when they were playing chords. When it comes to a more technical sound, however, I thought Blue Devils were once again one of the best. They were able to shape and style just about everything they played.

Best Brass Sound: Cavaliers

Honorable Mentions: Bluecoats, Crown and Phantom

All of the top-seven hornlines were great, yet distincitive in their own way. To me, I love the sound that Yamaha instruments produce... very clear, in tune and focused.

I also love the volume that the King hornlines are capable of producing (Phantom, Crown)

1) The Cadets - THAT BALLAD MY GOD

i don't know, i just don't really like gino hornlines... cadets 00 was pretty bad at times, i didn't like SCV 04, and cadets 05 their trumpets had some tone quality issues in the upper register/volumes... their sound was just kinda shaky. i loved the ballad, but you have to consider the rest of the show.