Your ridiculous drum-corps fantasy?

My ridiculous drum corps fantasy would be kind of like the movie groundhog day. Every season I wake up the day after finals to find myself at everydays in may. New shows, but it's always me 20 years old with my Kanstul powerbore soprano bugle, my dot book, and my blue coat. The dot book can be already filled out when I wake up of course. This would continue for about 9865169865169863546984 seasons or until time stopped.

edit: I don't know why people talk about intonation problems on bugles. Mine was in tune.

Edited by John Schmitt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine would be to become a millionaire and pay a group of top 5 DCI battery people to follow me around playing a custom cadence just for me to walk around to... (ala the family guy episode when he got his own theme music)

Blue Devils and Cadets in my Backyard for an all day cookout/keg party!

I'd actually love to hear each corps after they've had a few cold ones!!

go ahead guys....don't worry about it...just let it rip!!!

Edited by audiodave

Have the Cavaliers rehearse in my backyard for an entire day :)

Oh yeah, and probably something involving PR's guard.

I used to have this reoccuring dream.

Santa Clara Vanguard was having ensemble rehersal in my backyard. Gail Royer, Pete Emmons and Ralph Hardimon were sitting around my kitchen table, drinking coffee and making corrections to the ensemble through the window.

Well, in 2000, the Santa Clara Vanguard Caravan drove past my old apartment en route to their housing sight that was 3 blocks away. I could hear rehersal from my balcony.

CLOSE ENOUGH FOR ME......

My fantasy: They overturn the amp rule.

Matt, I believe that we should call that a goal. In my experience, goals tend to get achieved at a much higher rate than fantasies get fulfilled.

For me, it's gotta be Bridgemen. 1977 or 1980 if I got to pick and if not, that's okay too. To wear the yellow jacket would bring tears to my eyes.

Carlito

anybody else's involve their kids....

I wish my two sons would march (melli in SCV, and Baritone in PR).....yes, i've thought about this too much.

Then I would spend all summer volunteering and following them around in a tricked out RV........see all their rehearsals......and sit premium seats at finals.........

what a summer!

What he said.... and Gene, that would be sweet. But hey, next best thing, right?

My D.C. fantasy: Marching Crossmen at finals night of my Age-out year.