Your ridiculous drum-corps fantasy?

I thought about this while watching the ESPN2 broadcast. The Madison Scouts drum majors are introducing their show for the TV audience. In very serious and grave tones, they explain the shows theme, while taking pretentiousness to levels previously unknown. When they are finished, they stare expressionless through the TV screen. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a guy from the Velvet Knights holds up the "NOT!" sign. They're all laughing like crazy as they walk out of view. I'd pay to see this.

My other fantasy is to see the 75 Hawthorne Muchachos live. I traveled to the DCI championships in Philadelphia just to see them, and they weren't allowed to perform. I think they were caught marching over age members.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess my biggest fantasy is to have enough money to start my own drum corps.

Become a DCI member...fight for a rule change

like....maybe 20 more members to fatten up the horn line.

10 more euphs and 10 more contras. pick my own music and have guys

like wayne downey teach it to my hornline. Resurrect Jim Ott to help out.

Jump in and play with the corps when i feel like it. oh yaaah.. have a smokin'

percussion section so insane and intense....and...sorry...an all girl color guard,

that marches.

and then i woke up.

When I die, I want Santa Clara playing "Send in the Clowns", Blue Devils playing "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor", Phantom Regiment playing "An American in Paris", Madison Scouts playing, "You'll Never Walk Alone" and 27th Lancers playing "Danny Boy".

When I die, I want Santa Clara playing "Send in the Clowns", Blue Devils playing "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor", Phantom Regiment playing "An American in Paris", Madison Scouts playing, "You'll Never Walk Alone" and 27th Lancers playing "Danny Boy".

I wish DCI would do a cd of just corpes songs. Back to topic

Edited by best987

my drum corps fantasy would be me getting to CONDUCT Phantom Regiment <drool> I love conducting and I REALLY love Phantom Regiment ( if i had top pick one piece to do ... it would be the opener from the 1996 show ... 4th Ballet Suite by D. Shostakovich )

i will win the poweball tomorrow....

troopers, vk, skyrider, freelancers, suncoast, etc...are all back for '06

and new busses for everybody!

The best fantasy yet.

My fantasy would be to also conduct 96 Phantom Regiment, with assistance from the lovely Kristy Spears.. :worthy:

Umm,. I think that would be my number 2 fantasy.

No. 1 would be to be a critical, integral component in a fast-paced exciting drum corps movement that is happening in the ENTIRE state of TEXAS.

Yes, thats a big state.

If you didn't know, there has been a recent announcement that Texas is soon going to have its 3rd DCA level corps. Now, I am not a mathematician but that means that in the period of 2 years, there has been a 200% increase in the number of performing and competing Drum Corps in the state of Texas.

This also means that very soon, we are going to be able to have our own competitive circuit in this part of the drum-corps starved country.

WANT TO MAKE THIS (and my) DRUM CORPS FANTASY COME TRUE??

Come to our Open House:

GULF COAST SOUND OPEN HOUSE INFO

and march in our drum corps:

GCS

and make history.

BC!