Ideas for shows

Okay, I had this idea....use music from great horn bands of the 70's

One Fine Morning by Lighthouse

Get It On by Chase

Make Me Smile by Chicago

Vehicle by The Ides of March

God Bless The Child by Blood, Sweat and Tears

BTW, Ides of March did a reunion CD a few years ago and they opened up with Vehicle...the arrangement was awesome!!! Listen to it and you'll see it would be a great opener for a corps.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Shenandoah Sound just did two years of "horn bands" from the 60s and 70s covering 2 of your charts. We are now moving on to a different sound.

Suggested this to our Corps' but it didn't fly. Could be great for Cabs.

"Everything Estefan" or "All Estefan". What's not to like?

:rock:

LOVE that woman... Gloria Estefan is my idol.... some great horn parts in some of the songs too.. go Teddy Mullet!!

Deux

there is a show on cartoon network's late night block adult swim called cowboy bebop (if any of you ever seen the block of programing adult swim then you might know what i'm talking about it's on saturday nights at 130amEST i think). i have always thought the music from it would make a great show. It has alot of really good jazz music in it. and it would just make a really cool show for some one to do.

the theme song tank for as much as it repeats is a really good song and has a really cool solo in it. and some of the music from the show would lend it's self really good to a horn line with some screamers in it.

How about something that shows the evolution of drum corps.

Originally horns and drums were used for signaling during battle but it evolved into what it has become today,

more like a miniaturizes broadway production.

As for the music... start out with music of the civil war era thru to the present time.

It's time for someone to do a show entitled Mullet Rock.

Start with Kansas' - Wayward Son

there is a show on cartoon network's late night block adult swim called cowboy bebop (if any of you ever seen the block of programing adult swim then you might know what i'm talking about it's on saturday nights at 130amEST i think). i have always thought the music from it would make a great show. It has alot of really good jazz music in it. and it would just make a really cool show for some one to do.

the theme song tank for as much as it repeats is a really good song and has a really cool solo in it. and some of the music from the show would lend it's self really good to a horn line with some screamers in it.

Already done by the Corpsvets a couple years ago. :)