1974 Muchachos

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO- In the entire history of the activity, the '74 Muchachos rank somewhere near the very top! B)

I notice that Geneva played lead sop in the Auburn Purple Lancers in 1974. What a magnificent hornline! Book by Corky Fabrizio, tech by Jerry Kelsey, if I'm not mistaken. Just outstanding.

<==wonders to self why McBeth's "Divergents" has only been played by two corps. :lol:

i still throw the album on for this....what energy!

There are a number of McBeth pieces that could fare well in drum corps. Makes no sense to me that no one takes his work on, unless he's simply out of fashion for the high school band teachers who make programming decisions for drum corps... ^0^

Edited by mobrien

• 2 weeks later...

There is a great CD on Ebay of the Muchachos from 1970 through 1975. Listening to this CD you can hear how the horn line matured over those 5 years. Each year they got better

That would be a treat!!!!!!!!

Well, as mentioned a few times in this site, although the Muchacho's were great to listen too, their M & M left a lot to be desired. I'll just continue to listen to the great horn lines on my ipod.