Cadets to Perform

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krew of Orpheus (with NY first responders) & UL (U of LA at Lafayette) have passed on CBS, so they are at band 4.

Yeah, I want to see more bands - Brian Tolzmann on Soundmachine reminded us about the days when there were 7 or 8 drum corps in the Macy's parade (before they started recruiting all those out-of-time kids)....

...of course, if I have to, I'll settle for the Rockettes b**bs (or the Kilgore Rangerettes)

regards - Jim

Just saw the Cadets, got to open up the next televised segment. Weird hearing Swing, Swing, Swing in a different key.

Al Roker - The Cadets and Bugle Corps??? It's written down right in front of you, man!!!

Katie Couric - Got the name and type right and referred to them as a drum and bugle corps.

Matt Lauer - Officially earned the ire of old-schoolers on DCP and elsewhere by using the b word. :D

Ironically, the Cadets were the only marching unit NOT to use drill while on TV...

Just saw the Cadets, got to open up the next televised segment. Weird hearing Swing, Swing, Swing in a different key.

Al Roker - The Cadets and Bugle Corps??? It's written down right in front of you, man!!!

Katie Couric - Got the name and type right and referred to them as a drum and bugle corps.

Matt Lauer - Officially earned the ire of old-schoolers on DCP and elsewhere by using the b word. :D

Ironically, the Cadets were the only marching unit NOT to use drill while on TV...

One out of three....Makes one wonder how much of other stuff they wrong on the air. Thought the Cadets did a good job today.

FYI ~ the parade starts at 9 and it takes an hour for it to work it's way down Broadway. just so you know that is going at a pretty good pace. :)

haven't you ever watched the MACY*S parade before?? :drool: the first hour has always been a Broadway show showcase.

Lol..I'm usually not up that early, so by the time I'm up, all I'm seeing are the bands and floats...which is what I want to see anyway! :P b**bs I had to get up early this time cause my hubby has to work today so we could do our lunch thang..:)