Which Shows

sorry... but SCV 00 simply wipes PR 03 out completely... it's just so emotional.

Like that guy in the guard spinning at the end of "Adagio..."?

Here's my imitation:

"I'm so distraught! My universe is in upheaval, and I feel nothing but the incredible burden of an uncertain, forboding future weighing on my soul! The only thing I can do now...is SPIN! I will spin through the pain, spin through the anguish! I must stay strong, my spinning will lead me out of the darkness and into the light!"

I don't know, Regiment 2003 was pretty great. I liked it a lot more than Vanguard 2000. Both good shows, though.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000, probably 4:

Cadets, Cavies, Boston, SCV

(one heckuva year)

2001, maybe not any:

Cadets? I'm not so sure this show can achieve the admiration of other shows-that-some-think-should-have-won, i.e. Cadets 92...

GMen?

2002, probably 1:

Cavies

2003, 1 maybe 2:

Crown, when they finally REALLY started to click

Phantom

2004, 1 to 3:

Crown, Cavies?, SCV?

2005, 3 maybe 4:

Cadets, BD, Phantom, Bluecoats

SCV 00 >>>> PR 03...

sorry... but SCV 00 simply wipes PR 03 out completely... it's just so emotional.

And don't forgot, SCV '00 has it's own Appreciation Society on DCP B)

Though I guess just about every SCV show has that now...

And don't forgot, SCV '00 has it's own Appreciation Society on DCP B)

Though I guess just about every SCV show has that now...

^0^

"I'm so distraught! My universe is in upheaval, and I feel nothing but the incredible burden of an uncertain, forboding future weighing on my soul! The only thing I can do now...is SPIN! I will spin through the pain, spin through the anguish! I must stay strong, my spinning will lead me out of the darkness and into the light!"

As opposed to-

"I'm so distraught! I'm a contra player, and I'm part of an ensemble that's performing the emotional climax of the Kanon intro! My corps has reached a moment of pretty impressive expression and communication as far as hornlines go, but I REALLY want to play loud! And gossssh, my hand hurts from having my tuning slide adjusted, I think I'll just push it in for the rest of the show! No one will ever hear it, right? I must continue playing strong, it feels so good and....right?"

Hey, if you're going to make fun of one, I surely can do the same for the other show.

(....and what makes the SCV guard member from the Phantom one at the end, who continues spinning when everyone stops? Same thing.)

I'm positive that '95 Madison had more of an impact on drum corps than 2003 Phantom Regiment, anyway. Plus, both they and SCV '00 had better hornlines. Sorry.

Hey, if you're going to make fun of one, I surely can do the same for the other show.

I'm positive that '95 Madison had more of an impact on drum corps than 2003 Phantom Regiment, anyway. Plus, both they and SCV '00 had better hornlines. Sorry.

Hey man, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion as much as I am. You're not going to convince me against my previous statement, though.

No one is going to argue that 95 Madison wasn't a great show. But if you want to bring shows from the 1990s into the conversation, that will give us about 20 shows that have had more of an impact on drum corps than 2000 Santa Clara Vanguard. Or 2003 Regiment, for that matter.

Yeah, I've been to Epcot twice, they actually still show the fireworks show down there(even though the new millenium passed like 5 years ago). While Epcot is probably the most boring part of Disney(next to MGM...), the fireworks show is the most insane fireworks show you'll ever see.

Epcot is laid out around a lake, and sites representing different countries are all around it. The entire fireworks show is shot off in the lake, and speakers all around the park play the Millenium Celebration tunes while it's going on. You actually almost get hit by some if you sit too close to the lake :laugh:

Plus, the music was recognizable to me, so it made it even cooler.

it was awesome music! i remember seeing it back in 2000 when my family went on vacation there, i bought the CD right away it was so good. it was like a dream come true when the Cadets announced they were playing it.

I just have to second basically what everyone else is saying...

Cavies 2000, 2002

Cadets 2000, 2005

SCV 2000, 2004...it almost seemed like 2001 might achieve that status for awhile too, but talk has died off recently about it

Phantom 2003

Crown 2004

Boston 2000

Cavaliers 2002, becuase of the major step they took to the visual aspect of drum corps. They really were impressive that year... and i am a fan of Madison Scouts 2003, just for soem reason, i love that show

A thought occurred to me about Cavies 2000-2002 while reading this thread. I was thinking that had they done any one of those three shows only (but especially 2000 or 2002), it would be a lot more obvious to us that that show would be the one to pick as the standard for the future. But to some extent, by doing three similar shows so well, the impact of any one is diluted in a way.

Think about it. Suppose the Cavies had done Niagara falls and then went into James Bond followed by Chicago. Would Niagara Falls stand out more?

Or think of it another way. Suppose they'd done Frameworks first in 2000, scored the same 99.15 and won outright. Would Niagara Falls pale in comparison had they done that a year later? Or might it have seemed superior because we (and maybe they) were better prepared for that sort of integration of movement and music?

HH

Edited by glory