Be vewy vewy quiet...

Cainan

Jeff,

You and the others who post both here and at that other un-moderated, evil empire of godless communism would be my poster children for personal restraint and self-control.

You folks say the same things, in the same civil way, in both places. (BTW, I quit posting there some time ago because it's a mechanical mess for Mac users, not because of the content.) To hear the "pro-control" talk here, one would expect you folks to take on different personas on "the other side", and not be trusted to come back and control yourselves without being nannied.

I fondly recall the good old days of the Prodigy newsgroup. Prodigy had moderators, but only by exception for things like the grossest obscenities and threats against one's person. Despite that, folks like Jeff Mitchell and Bill Cook were active participants who were mature enough to work around the childish idiots and keep up enjoyable conversations.

actually, i am the same ######## here and there, it just shows up as #'s here :P

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? You mean like unfounded claims and statements of "fact" based on nothing more than speculation?

Who would do a thing like that? Surely no one we know!

:)

Stef

i know. next thing you know people will post from fake names.

There is a way to appeal moderator decisions; that's what Rich is for.

illegal use of logic and reality.

loss of down, 15 yards

No. There are no specific instances that immediately come to mind. Since I'd have to know what the moderator's thoughts and feelings were that's a pretty impossible task. All we can do is go back through history and look at closed threads that had no disparaging comments, threats, obscenities, or other violations of the "guidelines" and ask why they were closed.

If, as Cainan says, all threads that are closed are for violations of the guidelines why have several threads been closed AFTER postings in those threads by other moderators? If one or more moderators participate in a discussion and find no reason to close it, how can a peer come along after one or two more harmless posts and decide that it's suddenly become a violation? Kind of like being waved through a traffic light by one cop then arrested by another for running the light.

or if nothing else, you can go to RAMD and whine there too

i know. next thing you know people will post from fake names.

The only difference being that we're talking about two very specific individuals here, Jeff.. and it seems one of them stopped behaving like a child years ago and hasn't gone back to it, since.

The other of them continues unabated.

ya feelin me dawg?

Stef

actually i feel you but i had two different individuals who havent changed over the years.

but the idea was the same yes.

Also seems as if ScribeToo talks a big talk. Takes all the credit for this place upon herself.

I'm going to allow some leeway here.

PLEASE explain where that statement is substansiated, maybe I missed something?