Shakos v Hats

Shakos!

you can store more beer in them!!!!!!

Even more if you were in the Guardsmen.....you could store a friggin' keg in those things!!!

Yep....Regiment wore shakos in the early 70s.....but they didn't have the plume in the helmet until 1987....berfore then it was just the helmet...leading them to the nickname of the "Scrubbing Bubbles" ("e take 4th, so you don't have tooooooooooooooo.........")

As far as no headgear at all...worked fairly well for 86 VK and the Renegades....I asked once why Govies don't have anything on top...I think it was Smoothy who said they couldn't decide on what type, so they decided on NO headgear!.

It definitely depends on the corps, but I absolutely LOVED wearing a helmet... It just seems to make it so much more B-A. Aussies, in my opinion, are kinda earned. I just will probably always think of SCV, Cavies and Scouts up top with those aussies...

It all depends on the corps though. LER should stay with helmets (which are the old 'Coats helmets :)), along with 'Coats and Phantom.

It's just a corps trad, ya know?

I think shakos look more ###### but for the visual effect I like the aussie more,

so, it depends on what you're trying to achieve. The cymball-feature that the drumline does in 2003 has a certain attitude that matches with the shako (ofcourse it must be all the way down to your nose) and the cavies visual aspects match with an aussie.

That would've been 1987 Sky Ryders....

Speaking of Sky Ryders, what about the "Redneck Pimp" hats they wore?