Pro-Woodwinds, Amps, Electronics, Anything...

Pro-Woodwinds, Amps, Anything...  

715 members have voted

1. 1. Are you pro-woodwinds/amps/electronics/etc.?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither (Meaning you have mixed views or like only certain aspects of both sides)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't attempt to read every other post on this, but i would love for electronics to pass. Adding V-drums, synths, and other electronic equipment opens up a huge world of new sounds.

I was extremely against Bb horns and amps back in the day. I'm much more open minded now.

Kevin Stahl

Bluecoats Baritone 1996-1999

i am all for just adding whatever the #### we can think of,.......i mean why be unique? I mean bands are doing boffo biz right?

I went to plenty of shows. Talked to plenty of sponsors too. Attendance, overall, is NOT up, prove me wrong.

~G~

Although your sampling method sounds very scientific, "I talked to plenty of people", the annual report released by DCI in September 2005 indicated that overall attendance was up throughout the country in 2004. I have not seen anything for 2005 yet but I would be happy to send you a copy of the 2004 report.

Although your sampling method sounds very scientific, "I talked to plenty of people", the annual report released by DCI in September 2005 indicated that overall attendance was up throughout the country in 2004. I have not seen anything for 2005 yet but I would be happy to send you a copy of the 2004 report.

I'm sorry, I guess you werent around for the discussions, you seem to be new here. If you read correctly, you would have understood that to them, attendance was up over the previous year at "like events" .....see, it didnt take into account all the defunct shows from the year before, the DCM shows no longer in existence and didnt elaborate on the San Antonia slide or the Allentown slide. But I cant wait to see your report, I know it will defientely be in your hands before many of us...please share.

~G~

I'm sorry, I guess you werent around for the discussions, you seem to be new here. If you read correctly, you would have understood that to them, attendance was up over the previous year at "like events" .....see, it didnt take into account all the defunct shows from the year before, the DCM shows no longer in existence and didnt elaborate on the San Antonia slide or the Allentown slide.

Bear in mind, G, that all the original discussions on these topics have been deleted by DCP, so for anyone who wasn't around then, we need to repeat what was said. So here goes:

DCI did release a blurb after the 2004 season, bursting with pride over how they discovered that in comparing "like events" (shows with similar date/place/lineup in both years) from 2004 against 2003, that number of tickets sold increased. Of course, this was bound to happen, because there were fewer shows in 2004. In fact, while DCI's PR touted something like an 8% increase in attendance per show at like events, there were about 16% less events; thus, total ticket sales declined in 2004. Nevertheless, certain pro-amplification people, ignoring that fact, declared that "attendance is rising", and implied that amps had something to do with it.

And now you know the rest of the story....

I just want to say I love drum corps.

And I love that I spawned this monster thread...

It makes me soooo proud...

If I am the anti-drum corps to some of you, so be it... but, I say what I believe and stick to my guns... Oh well, this whole convo ammuses me.

Long live drum corps! (whatever that is)

i love drum corps too.

especially when it's accoustic and non narrated or sung into a mic

it just sounds better and is more enjoyable

i love drum corps too.

especially when it's accoustic and non narrated or sung into a mic

it just sounds better and is more enjoyable

yay best lines i've seen.

okay this thread has got to take a nap.

RIP>>>>