DCP for sale?

Eddie

The person who buys the site can turn it into anything they want.

We might wanna start exchanging contact info right now folks.

Let's say this again, shall we?

The person who buys this site can turn it into anything they want, it doesn't have to be anything at all about drum corps...and all this information is out there for them.

I don't understand the way this is being done, just "throwing caution to the wind" and hoping someone will buy it that is in the community.

There are vindictive people out there who have money that want to destroy this site, you know this as well.

Jesus, I hope that doesn't happen.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this IS the chance - I am not advertising the sale anywhere but DCP

What are you talking about it? It's on the front page news of this website, anbyody can see that, and it's on ebay how is that not advertising?

I feel like I'm in an Abbott and Costello routine.."Who's on first"..

this IS the chance - I am not advertising the sale anywhere but DCP

It's on ebay. It's now being advertized to millions across the globe. Anyone can buy it, anyone can do what they please with it, and those of us who find use of this site won't be able to do anything about it. I've neer been in a situation where I can contribute financially to this site (though next year is a possibility), but I have offered my services as as a web guru, added DCP's syndicate feature to my corp's website in the past as well as contribute news reports from my neck of the woods.

I'm not sure why this has to be an individual decision. Yes, I know you are thesite owner, but you have friends on this site who can help make a decision on the future of this site. ebay is not the way to go.

Edited by bari_benzo

I'm in for this, but we have to move fast to catch the buy it now bit. With the time deadline on that, I can go up to $200.

Total = $12,500.00

Per share Price.......Total Shares

$100............................125

$50.............................250

$25.............................500

This is doable.

I agree, although George would be the one setting the stock price.

So George, on that note, would you be willing to forego this little firesale and put up shares of DCP stock to the total amount of whatever you're looking to get instead?

Edited by Galen

What are you talking about it? It's on the front page news of this website, anbyody can see that, and it's on ebay how is that not advertising?

And with the recently-added Google links, that opens it up to further visibility.

I could go for something like this too...the shares thing but I would NOT buy anything from ebay like that. I would hope that would come down immediately and that we could have the first opportunity to come up with the shares.

Edited by Lancerlady

I don't know if it would be legal to sell shares like that...admittedly I'm no legal expert, but it seems like there's quite a bit of law dedicated to such a thing and I don't know if or how DCP is incorporated.

Well, I take that back...I know DCP is incorporated, I just don't know exactly how that would affect selling stock.

what happened to the old plan to turn DCP over to a self-running non profit?

Well we could buy it and copyright the name as a board. DCP could become a small business website (it doesn't cost that much) and money could begin to be made selling, shirts, or other things.

But here is what is on ebay how he has the "contract" sale set up..

. The drumcorpsnews.com domain is a widely recognized brand name also included in this auction - marchingbandplanet.com is one of the busier marching band related websites in its own right, and is also included in this sale. Current google and ad based revenue for the site averages $800-1000 monthly. Current hosting costs average approximately $450 monthly. Real advertising potential is untapped and therefore unknown... The sale includes: ownership of all DCP.net related domains (see above), ownership of all related content including databases, graphics, copyright webpublished content, DCP owned images, slogons, logos, avatars, etc. DCP has a dedicated team of volunteers who run the daily news and community operations. Liability to be assumed: three contracted ongoing advertising commitments will be assumed by the owner until the agreements expired. Sale will be final. Payment is due immediately using the "Buy it Now" option and within 48 hours of auction end if won in auction bidding. Payment accepted via Paypal. Domain transfers will take place within 24 hours of payment. Shipping cost: $115 - for various drum corps related items donated to the site for auction or gifts, and several CD containing all related html code, database backups, graphics, etc... Please ask all questions related to this auction via the eBay auction system so that answers can be provided here for all interested parties.