DCP for sale?

Eddie

Well, I take that back...I know DCP is incorporated, I just don't know exactly how that would affect selling stock.

There is a way to do it under a non-profit staus I believe. But it would take time to setup.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a way to do it under a non-profit staus I believe. But it would take time to setup.

It's not that big of a deal really. The only issue of that is what State would you want to file the Non profit status under..know what I mean?

Edited by Lancerlady

I know what you mean. A committee would have to formed though to handle the writing of by-laws and whatnot, plus a BOD would have to be formed, which I had thought DCP already had.

Wow! I just stumbled across this issue for the first time and all I can say is that I'm shocked!

I agree that it would be better if a group of current members was to purchase the site, or establish a non-profit to operate it, but doing alot of business on eBay myself, I don't know that George could withdraw the auction if he wanted to! The only way they may let him do it is if there are no bids(Which there weren't when I just checked) I would be more than happy to do what little I can, but if this goes the ebay route, I agree- we should all start sharing contact info because I see nothing good coming out of this!

If our information gets sold to the highest bidder like this, I know what I'm going to do.

Wow! I just stumbled across this issue for the first time and all I can say is that I'm shocked!

I agree that it would be better if a group of current members was to purchase the site, or establish a non-profit to operate it, but doing alot of business on eBay myself, I don't know that George could withdraw the auction if he wanted to! The only way they may let him do it is if there are no bids(Which there weren't when I just checked) I would be more than happy to do what little I can, but if this goes the ebay route, I agree- we should all start sharing contact info because I see nothing good coming out of this!

Maybe there is something that can be done, I'm going to contact ebay directly and let them know what is involved with this sale and see what they say about selling the data base with all the information.

I think it is possible to cancel an auction, but there's probably a fee involved.

I'm not frantic, I'm ###### off and insulted, I don't understand why this was done this way, there had to be a better way then this. <**>

In my opinion, and I could very well be wrong but it is possible, nobody is going to pay that much money for something they have no interest in. I would be much more concerned with what will happen after the auction closes.