DCP for sale?

Eddie

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not read a thing George wrote? Your data is not going to be sold. It's not part of the aution/sales agreement.

Back to our regularly scheduled mayhem.

Yes, I read what George wrote, then I read the contract he wrote out on ebay, it says on the contract the data base is part of the sale. It's part of this website which is part of the agreement.

So whoever buys this is just going to start over? Is that what you're saying? That's not what it sounds like from what is written on ebay.

Mayhem? That's a little extreme..if you donated money and time you'd be ###### too.

Did you not read a thing George wrote? Your data is not going to be sold. It's not part of the aution/sales agreement.

Back to our regularly scheduled mayhem.

Something that's crossed my mind: doesn't whoever gets the database get our IP addresses as well?

The drumcorpsnews.com domain is a widely recognized brand name also included in this auction - marchingbandplanet.com is one of the busier marching band related websites in its own right, and is also included in this sale. Current google and ad based revenue for the site averages $800-1000 monthly. Current hosting costs average approximately $450 monthly. Real advertising potential is untapped and therefore unknown... The sale includes: ownership of all DCP.net related domains (see above), ownership of all related content including databases, graphics, copyright webpublished content, DCP owned images, slogons, logos, avatars, etc. DCP has a dedicated team of volunteers who run the daily news and community operations. Liability to be assumed: three contracted ongoing advertising commitments will be assumed by the owner until the agreements expired. Sale will be final. Payment is due immediately using the "Buy it Now" option and within 48 hours of auction end if won in auction bidding. Payment accepted via Paypal. Domain transfers will take place within 24 hours of payment. Shipping cost: $115 - for various drum corps related items donated to the site for auction or gifts, and several CD containing all related html code, database backups, graphics, etc... Please ask all questions related to this auction via the eBay auction system so that answers can be provided here for all interested parties.

Again, I emphasized the bold...here is the contract. Well according to this the CD containing all related database back ups etc..is involved...

Edited by Lancerlady

George,

What can we expect in the near future if there's no winner on the auction (noticed that you set it up as a reserve auction, so even if you get bids, you might not get a winner)? Will the site just up and vanish?

This has left a bad taste in my mouth and now I may never donate money or time ever again because of the way this was handled.

Then I submit that it's time that DCP had a board of directors.

Or perhaps, stockholders.

funny for a while, some people had board of directors in their sigs, and there was at one time a posting to have a board and applications were sent in.

i too do not wish to have my personal info given to just any joe blow, and now i wonder what did i pay for?

this IS the chance - I am not advertising the sale anywhere but DCP

then why is it on Ebay?

ok, so DCp isnt sold? does it disappear?

do people who have donated get their $$ back as part of the sale?

George....withdraw the auction and please rethink this....it's VERY poorly thought out.

You may own the site, but it IS a good idea to bounce this off of those most likely to be affected.

If it;s on Ebay, it's open to ANYONE to bid on it, not just DCPers.

If this drives people out of the site....what have you really sold?