An Evening With THE Madison Scout... Scott Stewart!

Madison Shows 1974-2002  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Madison Show?

2. 2. Scott's last four years with Madison

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Here is a great opportunity for you to go behind the scenes with some of your favorite Madison Scouts shows from 1974-2002, by participating in “An evening with THE Madison Scout”, Mr. Scott Stewart!

What’s this all about? Well, Scott’s coming to dinner and a Madison Scouts video marathon at my home on Sunday, December 11th (2:00p.m. Central Standard Time), and has agreed to share insight on the shows, significant memories of particular seasons, Madison Scout trademarks and traditions, and his personal thoughts on pretty much anything else of interest! Just imagine, a large video screen, a Bose surround sound stereo system cranked up to the max, the Madison Scouts, and Scott Stewart in your home! For me it’s a dream come true, it’ll be like sitting with Scott on the fifty-yard line during each of those incredible shows!

Scott will select three shows (his personal favorites!), I’ll select three of my own, and you the loyal fans will select the final four Madison shows that we’ll view during our marathon next weekend. We’ll watch all ten shows back-to-back (an evolution of the Scouts if you will!) and give everyone an opportunity to post or email questions to Scott about the shows, his life with the corps, special memories, the upcoming performance of Madison Scouts Alumni corps, or anything else. We’ll also try to arrange an IM session next Sunday, for those that wish to have real-time communication with Scott. (Watch this thread for more details on the IM session). We begin compiling your votes and messages today, so don’t hesitate to start posting and emailing right now!

You can email your suggestions for a particular show that you want us to review, and/or any questions or greetings for Scott to: ( scoutquestions@mac.com ) or you can vote in the poll provided, as well as post your questions for Scott on this thread for others to view. We’ll try to respond with feedback to your posts and email messages as quickly as we can, before, during, and after dinner and the video marathon next Sunday.

For those of you that know Scott, you understand the incredible contributions that he has made to the activity for over 25 years as former director of the Madison Scouts. For those of you that do not know him, a Madison alumni (which I am not) once told me; “Scott is THE perfect Madison Scout that all others strive to become.” He is a remarkable person, and I’m sure that this special event will be appreciated by many alumni, friends, and fans of the Scouts, past, present, and future! It’s a great opportunity to have access to Scott’s behind the scenes perspective on his corps and the activity in general, as well as to simply say thanks for the memories and contributions to this activity that we all love so dearly.

My wife and I have had the privilege of getting to know Scott and his wife Junko over the last year and a half, and we are honored to be able to call them good friends. I’ve witnessed Scott’s gradual reemergence from virtual seclusion after the 2002 season, and have benefited from his generosity and knowledge as a mentor to me while I served as corps director for Pioneer in 2005. He is every bit the passionate and talented professional that I’ve always imagined him to be. Since the early eighties when I was a marching member with Pioneer, and for years from a distance, I’ve admired his notoriety and influence on his corps and the activity as a whole. For many alumni, fans and friends, he is the heart and soul of the Madison Scouts and their legacy. What he brought to the corps actvity was a passion and creative commitment to the fans that many of us long for today. I invite you to be a part of this unique opportunity to share your good wishes for Scott and his wife. Guess who’s coming to dinner? Scott Stewart, THE Madison Scout, and hopefully you too!

Let’s communicate on Sunday, Dec.11th !

Bobby R. Lindsey

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Bobby,

Looks like you'll get some insight into the corps and the heart of the corps I marched with from 1985-90! You and I marched in Pioneer together, prior to 1985, and hopefully you'll understand what drew me to the corps back then...and what kept me there until my age-out year!

Please pass on my best wishes to Scott and his wife! Enjoy your weekend!!

Your friend,

Tacco

Edited by Tacco

I would what the show looked like from a conceptual standpoint in 1995. Was this show one that grew into the fan favorite that it became or was it basically performed the way it was originally planned. Also, at what point in the season did they realize that they had a masterpiece on their hands. The only show that I was out of breath with my heart literally beating out of my chest. Sheer genius connecting with the fans.