Ok.....here we go!

And then again, you got people who either can't afford the cost of some DIV 1 corps, and can't afford to stop working for the summer to march. And that's where DIV 2/3 comes in. It works out for everyone.

That's what I was thinking, some of these Division I corps are asking for anywhere from $1,400-$2,000.

An age out limit of 18 in Div. II at 18 would blow because, guess what comes up for most 18-21 year olds around that time.

College. Ugh, paying for Corps and College at the same time SUCKS, beleive me, I know.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt want to tour full time and thats just not an option on the DI circut. so its stupid to say age out at 18 from DII when DI does not meat your needs. oh and in DII we made top 21 and whooped plenty ### all summer on some DI competition so dont think that they are just feeders and trainers in the ranks.

1. I disagree with the idea of div II corps having the title "feeder corps"

2. Alot of people don't move on to a div. I corps. so making the age out limit 18 for div II is just stupid, it takes away from the years a member is allowed to march in a corps. if they don't want to go to div. I or doesn't make it into a div. I corps.

3. If the age out limit for div. II were 18 and the minimum age limit for div. I were 18, then a div. II corps. making the jump to div. 1 would have difficulties because then it would be loosing a LOT of members and they may would not have the number of members needed to stay in div. I.

just my 2 cents.

Im a bit late to the conversation, but Im going to chime in anyways.

Ive seen 05 ECJ's finals performance and, being an Arizona resident I get to see much of the Academy....

Additionally...I have the div 2/3 05 dvds....and I'll Im going to say...much to the chagrin of all the ECJ kids who simply won't have it the Academy could do as well as people are predicting......Academy will beat everyone else.

Ive seen both groups, and I'd venture to say that Academy's last performance in 05 was noticeably better than ECJ's 05 finals performance.

PEACE OUT!

Ive seen both groups, and I'd venture to say that Academy's last performance in 05 was noticeably better than ECJ's 05 finals performance.

PEACE OUT!

I'd venture to say (semantics anyone?) that Academy's show was much easier than most of the top-tier div 2 shows and their visual program much weaker.