Favorite Company Front

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does 83 Garfield count???? Seeing it live a week before finals in North Carolina, sitting on the 30 stage left and all that power behind the closing chords of RPH was unreal................

Madison, 75. End of disussion.
winner! :)

Didn't they do that more than once? Seems like it was part of their front in 1982 as well.

The "Hat Bow" was a Madison tradition for many years......one of my favorite "classic moves", and one of the classiest!

"Company Fronts":

"These modern productions are all very well,

But there's nothing to equal, from what I hear tell,

That moment of mystery, when they made history"....

Back in the "Dark Ages" of pre DCI "Drum Corps" my pretties, we had junior drum corps that could march a "Elbow Contact" company fron the "Starting Line" to the "Fifty" with precision.

A couple that come to mind are the 1961 & 1962 Chicago Cavaliers (Incredible controlled stride), the 1964-66 Casper Troopers (Great bearing & color guard) and the 1963 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights (Terriffic control). The Chicago Royal Airs "Opener" of "Chicago/Ballyhoo March" in 1967 was a "No Fanfare" company front 'starting line to the 50".

The Troopers "Trademark" exit (Thats when the corps croossed the "Finish Line") was a "Company Front" for many years, to the tune of "Johnny Comes Marching Home".

St Marys Cardinals had a "To the Fifty" company front in 1964 & 1965, followed by a full corps "wheel" into a company front facing the stands.

Some of the great Senior/DCA "Off the Line" fronts were done by the Connecticut Hurricanes in 1975 and the Hawthorne Caballeros in the seasons of 1960 and 1961. Both corps have used "Pinwheel" company fronts prior to their "exit & "finale" productions. The New York Skyliners 1972 "Exit" company front was very well done.

I'm sure there are many more.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

"Company Fronts":

"These modern productions are all very well"......

Back in the "Dark Ages" of pre DCI "Drum Corps" my pretties, we had junior drum corps that could march a "Elbow Contact" company fron the "Starting Line" to the "Fifty" with precision.

How about the 1971 Blue Rock center wheel to get them off of the field in their closer, "Requiem for the Masses", a wonderful closer (a tune by "The Association" of "Windy" and "Along Comes Mary" fame). It's really a rotating company front.

Mike