Favorite Company Front

Probably the only time I screamed in reaction to what I heard and saw on the field:

Madison 1992, the 2nd "City of Angels" show, in the middle of the opener...

About 16 counts of scatter, then hornline takes 8 counts to build several vertical lines, then 4 counts of mellophone trill while the horns rotate those lines into BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMPANY FRONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold really freakin loud chord for 4 counts, parked in the company front, and then transition out of it.

That was f***ing INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! It's like it came out of nowhere.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for me, it would have to be 1980 Spirit of Atlanta. They were all going backfield, playing softly, line up, turn around into company front, halftime steps forward, and BLOW THE HOUSE DOWN! After 25 years, I _still_ get goosebumps every time I think about it!!! I think the song was "I'll Never Walk Alone". Just...wow.

Like someone else said, it was "Let It Be Me". And not only that, the corps wasn't playing backfield before the front...the backfield moments were long before that. The corps was playing to the front, building in power, then they pushed forward in the front letting every ear bleed. Oh...and it was not marching at half time either.

You got the emotion down, but everything else was a little off!

Star of Indiana - 1993

The one prior to the ending, just because of the insane angle they had to make after rushing to their spot. It wasn't exactly executed perfectly, but I always go nuts when I see this one...even after watching it 2billion times...

Crossmen - 1991

Hit the company front and BAM!!!! backfield DM "supermans" forward right as the CFront is formed. Then the Cfront splits and moves toward each other...as the GIANT flags are pulled out.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Absolutely no quesiton...

1986 Blue Devils

The gate-turned into it, set it up really slowly...goal line to goal line at a three... straight as a pin...and just wailed. Without a doubt the most awesome ending of all time, and still the standard by which I judge everyone else.

Yes !! the "Stella D'oro" sticks, as my friends and I called it !! It built in suspense and intensity and you just knew it was coming !!

Another often overlooked one is the end of 1989 Star of Indiana, the gates just SMACK you out of nowhere.

~G~

Yes !! the "Stella D'oro" sticks, as my friends and I called it !! It built in suspense and intensity and you just knew it was coming !!

Another often overlooked one is the end of 1989 Star of Indiana, the gates just SMACK you out of nowhere.

~G~

Oh God yes, that 1989 Star show, LOVE IT!

For a very unique and effective company front, I propose the one the Bridgemen did in 1980 - playing "Glory, Glory Hallalujah!", and moving the front forward (ever so slightly) while on their knees! How many other corps have "marched" a front forward on their knees??? :P :P :P

Go Bananas!!!

SCV 2004, the ripple company front with Scheherezade and the Sultan converging on center field, then the quick form changes whipping around them seemingly at their whim, followed by the Sultan pushing back the arcs of brass as he wonders the desert. One word. Brilliant :laugh:

SCV 2004, the ripple company front with Scheherezade and the Sultan converging on center field, then the quick form changes whipping around them seemingly at their whim, followed by the Sultan pushing back the arcs of brass as he wonders the desert. One word. Brilliant :laugh:

My eyes were drooling. I think the Cadets did that in a few of their shows. 2001 comes to mind.

Absolutely no quesiton...

1986 Blue Devils

The gate-turned into it, set it up really slowly...goal line to goal line at a three... straight as a pin...and just wailed. Without a doubt the most awesome ending of all time, and still the standard by which I judge everyone else.

Yup......those BD end to end fronts are AWESOME !!!

Triple Forte

hmmm for me it would be:

Cadets 98... soft dynamics, very tight comp frontm but what makes it is the amazing camera angle from the side where you see all of their legs at once... thats corpsgasm #1

Cadets 2000... just a great big push to the end

PR 01... Triumphant and glorious, they played that like they had nothing to lose.

i would have chosen BD 2002 and Cavies 2000, but BD's wasnt that great when they backed it up, and Cavies wasnt clean when it reformed...