• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison, 75. End of disussion.

The Cadets 1993

Phantom Regiment 1996

The Cadets 2000

Phantom Regiment 2004

Santa Clara Vanguard 2004

My two favorites come from 84. Garfields "company front out of no where" previously mentioned and SCVs push in The Tender Land. It was just a simply front that first pushed forward diagonally, then once centered push straight forward to the sideline. Simple and elegant.

SCV 2004....I really love all the drill leading right up to the company front as well as what followed

Madison 1995....such excitment, and the guard, particularly the one that waved the red flag as the front turned, really added to this company front

Wow, all great choices. I am going to go old school a little and hand out my top 10 list:

1. Madison Scouts 1975 - If you were there live you were in heaven. If you watched it on TV as I did, you were in awe. Just raw power and precision.

2. Garfield Cadets 1984 - Artistic execution, big hit, a true climax to a great show

3. 1978 Phantom Regiment - Beethoven's 9. WOW!

4. Madison Scouts 1984 - Memory from "Cats"

5. Star of Indiana 1991 - from the front to the end of the show you are treated to a masterpiece of writing and execution

6. Garfield Cadets 1987 - appear, disappear, reappear, and Big Hit. this was goose bump city.

7. Madison Scouts 1995 - rotating company front, big hit and push, wall of sound, fans throwing babies!

8. Santa Clara Vanguard 1988 - Phantom of the Opera closer

9. Cavaliers 1979 - the diagonal line that pushes with flag toss over horns, then horns march over flags

10. Santa Clara Vanguard 1985 - Tenderland, this was asa beautiful as it gets

This is my top 10 and I am sticking to it. :)

Jonathan

Well, for me, it would have to be 1980 Spirit of Atlanta. They were all going backfield, playing softly, line up, turn around into company front, halftime steps forward, and BLOW THE HOUSE DOWN! After 25 years, I _still_ get goosebumps every time I think about it!!! I think the song was "I'll Never Walk Alone". Just...wow.

EDIT: The song was "Let It Be Me" For some reason, I have dyslexia on the name of that song!!!

Edited by Willard

Well, for me, it would have to be 1980 Spirit of Atlanta. They were all going backfield, playing softly, line up, turn around into company front, halftime steps forward, and BLOW THE HOUSE DOWN! After 25 years, I _still_ get goosebumps every time I think about it!!! I think the song was "I'll Never Walk Alone". Just...wow.

It was "Let be me" and I think you could hear it in Cullman in 1980.